Resource Mangaer/Staffing Manager
My client are looking for a proactive and adaptable Resource Manager to run the Resource Management function within a team in their London office.
My client are a leading firm within professional services based in the city of London.
- Act as a trusted advisor to the Partner group in a team, by understanding client requirements and the wider needs of the business, in order to facilitate effective resourcing decisions
- Optimise the allocation of work and the deployment of staff based on projected workflows, utilisation and individuals preferences and development goals
- Work closely with our pricing and legal project management teams
- Identify and implement appropriate solutions to alleviate high / low utilisation, increasing mobility and agility across the team
- Support the firm with the introduction of a bespoke Resource Management tool, and managing the business requirements and the implementation process
- Oversee analysis of business forecasting e.g. chargeable hours, utilisation, and proactively drive resourcing decisions and positive behaviours
- Challenge requests and deal with potential resource escalations, making decisions on conflicting demands, as required
- Support the internal Fee Earner recruitment process by advising on skill gaps and utilisation trends.
- Understand and maintain knowledge of individual skills, development needs, experiences and personal / professional aspirations and apply this knowledge in resourcing decisions
- Support the performance and counselling process within the business, including management of high and low performers, working closely with HR and practice management
- Attend regular operational management meetings, providing management support
- Provide forecast and actual utilisation and availability reports and other management information, as required
- Proactive management of the current work allocation tools, ensuring they are maintained and accurate
- Monitor chargeable hours by individual / grade / office and highlight potential shortfalls / over-utilisation to the practice group and business management
The ideal candidate will have proven experience within a management role in resourcing, and an operational, HR and ideally have experience of working in a professional services environment. They will:
- have the ability to work under pressure, to tight deadlines, and to communicate competing demands effectively;
- be well organised with good time management skills;
- be confident and resilient to deal with challenges from people within the business, with good interpersonal skills and able to consult with a wide range of people at different levels;
- be able to build strong working relationships with both the partner group and lawyers in order to understand their requirements by being well integrated within the department and a trusted advisor;
- be able to exercise good judgement, knowing when to flag issues and when to deal with independently
£50,000 - £60,000 plus benefits