HR Systems Administrator
- Based in the heart of Manchester City Centre
- 5 month FTC with the potential to be extended
- Paying up to £27,000 per annum.
The overall purpose of this role will be to support the delivery of a number of key activities in the HR Systems function - undertaking ResourceLink systems administration duties. This will include supporting the delivery of the University's Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) Staff return, providing user support, producing management information and assisting in the day to day supervision of the Post Management Team.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- To undertake a variety of ResourceLink systems administration functions (including, system configuration, design and development; creation and maintenance of menus, tasks, screens, profiles, security elements and passwords etc)
- Help support day to day user queries through a variety of methods including in-person, telephone, email and IT helpdesk
- To use Discoverer and Power BI to facilitate a variety of reporting provisions and Management Information reports
- To assist in providing HR/Payroll Management Information, bespoke reporting and Freedom of Information requests
- To assist with upgrades as required reporting to the HR Systems Analyst
- To assist with software testing (i.e. compiling test scripts, testing functionality) as required reporting to the HR Systems Analyst
- Provide input to support the enhancement and implementation of the Directorate and other IT solutions to enable business benefits to be realised.
- To work in partnership with other HR colleagues to ensure a consistent and customer focussed approach to the delivery of the service.
- Identify and support continuous improvement opportunities for both systems and procedures in own area of work and across the Directorate
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the level of responsibility for the role, assigned by senior colleagues
What you will need to succeed
- We are looking for somebody with a big personality who has previous experience working within a HR team who can further enhance this HR team.
- It is essential that you have Advance Excel skills for data manipulation and reporting with a working knowledge of pivot tables and V- lookups etc.
- We will be looking for somebody who has experience working with ResourceLink or an integrated HR/Payroll system, ideally as a system user or system administrator.
- Experience of using date extraction skill and in the manipulation of data within systems.
- An understanding of a HR team and an understanding of change management.
- It would also be desirable if you had experience using reporting tools such as Discoverer, Cognos, Business Objects or Power BI as well as knowledge of HR/Payroll system administration items such as pay spines, grade, T&C's, pay elements and payroll structures.
This role is offered on a 5 Month FTC with the opportunity to be extended and is paying a generous salary of up to £27,000 per annum.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.