Associate Talent Manager - 12 months maternity cover
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Deloitte’s Associate Resourcing Team, sourcing world class contingent labour for the firm. The Associate Resourcing Team is responsible for resourcing and management of contingent workers (known as Associates) to enable the firm to fulfil both internal and external client requirements using a more agile resourcing model.
The demand from the business for Associates is growing, so the Associate Resourcing Team is also growing and reshaping with it to ensure we deliver world class contingent labour.
Reporting to the Head of Associate Resourcing, this role is responsible for the successful delivery of the end to end resourcing process, leveraging onshore and offshore delivery models, as well as the talent and supplier engagement strategy. Managing a team of 8 across multiple sites, you will drive the resourcing agenda with a focus on building talent pools, increasing quality and reducing third party spend.
- Design, own and maintain the Associate resourcing process and experience for the Firm across all delivery teams (onshore/offshore etc.) underpinned by robust MI and reporting
- Develop and implement the talent pooling, engagement and management strategy for all workers to fully maximise the potential of 'preferred' Associates and repeat assignments
- Support the creation and implementation of the direct marketing strategy, in conjunction with the Attraction COE, to reduce reliance on 3rd party agencies and the associated margin
- Drive continuous improvement activities to support the wider user experience
- Advise on the development of the recruitment agency PSL and ensure the team leverages these relationships effectively
- Act as an escalation point for any operational issues in relation to the service and drive opportunities for continuous improvement/further offshoring
- Manages all associated risks through resourcing processes
- Day-to-day point of contact for all 3rd party resourcing escalations
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert to the team for all contingent resourcing queries as well as driving best practice in response to emerging professional trends
- Manage the Associate Talent Advisory and Talent Engagement teams including coaching, performance and development as well as succession planning
- Build strong relationships with wider resourcing COE teams to support adoption of the Associate programme and contribute to wider firm wide resourcing initiatives as required
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: London/Regions, full-time fixed term (12 months) contract with opportunities for some home working
Your professional experience
- Proven success in a management role undertaking direct recruitment/talent engagement activities within the contingent recruitment arena
- Significant experience successfully partnering with external service providers and 3rd party agencies to drive maximum value from the relationships
- Successful delivery of continuous improvement initiatives within a contingent labour business context
- Ability to be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong influencing and communication skills with demonstrated experience operating effectively in a leveraged model comprised of on/offshore, outsourced resources etc.
- An organised approach in a complex operating environment to create clear outcomes and successfully navigate ambiguity
- Experience within professional services (desirable).
Your service line
Internal Client Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal client services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. We impact every area of our business, every day. From solving IT issues quickly and efficiently, to ensuring our people get the best possible training, to guiding colleagues on their tax and pensions. From our centralised hubs in Milton Keynes and Cardiff, we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 156284