To be responsible for all Human Resource matters at the business. To work in collaboration with the senior management team on the people strategy for both businesses and ensure compliance with all employment law matters whilst creating a culture for individual professional development.
- Continuously monitor and review HR policies and procedures and implement changes where required
- Provide support to all staff on all ER matters relating to their employment
- Support line managers with all ER related matters, to include: disciplinary & grievance, holidays, sickness absence, maternity & paternity rights, redundancy etc.
- Provide advice on recruitment and selection strategies
- Support line managers with all recruitment matters; to include reviewing job descriptions, writing job adverts, screening applications, writing interview questions, arranging interviews
- Build relationships with 3rd party recruiters to ensure competitive pricing and quality candidates
- Preparation of all documentation relating to recruitment of staff both permanent and temporary including letters of appointment, contracts, terms and conditions, agreements etc.
- Co-ordinate all disciplinary and grievance matters
- Manage any long term and / or recurring sickness absence and where required co-ordinate referrals to Occupational Health
- Organisation and safe keeping of all Human Resource documentation (electronic and manual)
- Logging and filing
- Holiday Requests and Notification of Absences.
- Demonstrable experience within a Senior HR post
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills is required together with proven leadership capabilities and solid knowledge of employment legislation and its application.
- Strong customer service and problem solving skills.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion and diplomacy is crucial
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, dealing with all levels of people
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and work flexibly to meet organisation needs.
- Ability to work under own initiative and be self-motivated.
- Must be comfortable with maintaining processes / procedures.
- Must be adaptable and comfortable dealing with changing priorities.
- Able to provide own transport to and from work
- Membership of CIPD or working towards
- A sound understanding of the GDPR 2018
- Can consider a applicant on 4 weeks notice