Leadership & Executive Development Learning Manager, FTC - 12 months
Our people are our most important asset. Through an increasing use of blended learning solutions we are seeking to deliver a ground-breaking, agile solution that delivers outstanding results and exceeds their expectations.
Our Leadership and Executive Development (LED) professionals lead with vision. They are at the forefront of thinking; developing new and innovative approaches to LED and paving the way to helping individuals and the firm reach their full potential.
Supporting the Portfolio Senior Manager, you will support the annual planning and review of the LED curriculum in your portfolio, helping to ensure it’s fit for purpose, current and delivers impact. Building strong relationships with the Design and Delivery teams will be key. You’ll collaborate with teams across the board to promote offerings, assist with vendor management, support LED events and provide commercial insight on your curriculum’s success.
- Aligned to a Portfolio Senior Manager, support the annual planning and review of curriculum in your portfolio
- Understand full offering within the Portfolio and work with as a subject matter expert with Content Management on annual refresh and retirement approach, making sure Portfolio is current and relevant
- Own and independently drive specific projects within the portfolio, working only with guidance in complex situations with multiple stakeholders and a need to co-ordinate content from different sources/business areas
- Work with Content Management team to ensure branding and marketing of the offerings is clear
- Support Event Management in setting up learning events for senior Partners to include logistics such as issuing invitations via EAs, and personal coordination of internal facilitators and senior delegates.
- Coordination of nomination process for courses within the portfolio, where is pertains to senior leaders or DUE participants. Work with Central Services and SSO as needed
- Draft communication for courses and events for circulation to the Service Lines. Work closely with Content management to fulfil requirements
- Data collation, reporting and analytics, providing insight where appropriate e.g. course attendance, post course evaluation.
- Support processes for vendor management such as contract reviews, organising meetings, or showcasing work.
- Identify business content experts to support projects. Accountable to set up and lead these projects, working with guidance only from the senior manager.
Operational Management and Excellence
- With an SME background and depth in the subject areas of the portfolio, work with the Design Team to ensure the products are fit for purpose and represent relevant business feedback and requirements
- Represent the clients in all aspects of the specialist topic being designed. Independently lead consultation within relevant stakeholder groups and work closely with the Learning Business Partners to ensure duplication does not occur
- Work with the Content Management team and Shared Services (SSO) team to ensure course materials are up to date and chase enrolments as required.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Design and Delivery Service teams.
- Assist with administrative elements of supplier management.
- Support the coordination of Coaching where it supports programmes.
- Management of ad hoc queries received via email, phone or mail, always looking to push queries to SSO helpdesk as relevant.
- Support Event Management with off-site events, as needed. Facilitation will be part of the role and a balance will be found between keeping skills fresh and relevant within the job role.
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not
Your professional experience
Knowledge and experience:
Working towards/have relevant profession qualification or equivalent relevant experience.
A strong base line of core HR competence and experience at senior advisor level. Viewed as an expert in own discipline.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Exposure to transformation initiatives and ability to gain confidence and respect of business stakeholders
- A strong relationship builder with a proven ability to influence, consult and advise at an appropriate level.
- Strong business and commercial acumen with the ability to use and interpret appropriate metrics and insights
- Able to manage concurrent activities ensuring appropriate risk/mitigation management
- Experience or exposure to project management principles and strong organisational skills
Your service line: Internal Client Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal client services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. Covering seven distinct areas; Human Resources, Clients & Markets, Finance & Legal, Shared Services, National Quality & Risk Management, IT Services, and Property & Corporate Services, together we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior peoplewe understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 154588