Learning Content Enablement Manager, Human Resources
Do you constantly think about new and innovative ways to bring learning to life?
Deloitte is building a brand new Digital Learning Design and Delivery Team, and we’re looking to fill it with creative, friendly, curious people with a passion for innovation, meticulous attention to detail, and the ability to delight our most demanding stakeholders.
Happy to be a pioneer, your drive, contagious enthusiasm for learning and experience inspires others. You will have a natural ability to build relationships, and are unafraid of partnering with - and challenging - senior stakeholders. You’ll need to be able to multitask, work at pace to tight deadlines and work with a variety of stakeholders to deliver on projects.
The Content Enablement team are responsible for the use of technology in learning and are critical to our success as we move from classroom-based activities towards more innovative virtual and digital solutions. They define the blueprint for all technology solutions. In effect, they govern the art of the possible.
Reporting to the Senior Content Enablement Manager, you will own and design key projects that support our strategy. As well as administering and expertly maintaining our existing technology platforms, you will have the opportunity to design and deliver new digital and blended content that addresses the skills gaps identified within the business. Building robust and reliable technology based solutions will be key. It’s a disciplined team without whom our strict quality standards would not be met. You’ll have a proven track record in management and core HR competencies, but it will be your genuine enthusiasm for emerging technologies that will make you stand out.
• Own and design key projects in support of the strategy and plan for the use of technology within learning, consulting with all key stakeholders within the function and in all Service Lines
• Work with the Learning Business Partners during the annual planning cycle to review existing technologies which support key projects and recommend upgrades/changes in line with budgets
• Administer and maintain existing technology platforms, integrating upgrades working with IT or suppliers on time and in budget
• Ensure adherence to design and maintenance standards and taxonomies and monitor performance of systems and services in support of the relevant technology projects
• Hold relationships in the market place with suppliers who can partner with Deloitte to deliver on-brand solutions
• Design and deliver new content (digital and blended)
• Pilot new content
• Transition new content and programmes into execution – work flows to Content management, Event Management and/or SSO via SLAs managed by Content management
• Develop learning content in partnership with subject matter experts and service line managers
• Plan, co-ordinate and undertake testing of all developed technical solutions – ensuring corresponding documentation is up to date and maintained
• Build robust, reliable templates for use with a wide variety of different applications and technologies where relevant
• Host and implement learning solutions on the appropriate learning platform for efficient access by our practitioners
• Develop other ad hoc technology based solutions (such as wikis, forums, collaboration tools)
• Communicate developments in technology based solutions to raise awareness of opportunities and possibilities within Learning – making recommendations where appropriate.
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: London. This is a permanent full time role with opportunities for some working from home.
Your professional experience
• Degree at a Bachelor level required
• Professional training / HR development / education qualifications in relevant subject area
• Experience at manager level and have a proven track record in core HR competencies and exposure to the associated risks, serves as an expert in own discipline
• Experience and competence in a range of multimedia software applications (e.g. Photoshop, Premiere, Flash, Audacity)
• Knowledge of training theories, methodologies and techniques in relation to the use of technology in education
• Experience in the capture, editing and conversion of graphic, audio and video material
• Demonstrable experience of developing e-learning material
• Experience of working within a learning management system (preferably SABA)
• Experience of working within a virtual learning environment (preference given to SABA Centra & Live meeting experience)
• Experience of creating online assessments
• Knowledge of SCORM 1.2 and 2004 requirements
• Experience of developing with rapid development tools (e.g. Articulate, Captivate, Camtasia)
• Demonstrable experience of the application of innovative and interactive authoring and learning environment technologies applied to a proven portfolio of learning material.
• Proven capability in Articulate, experience in Flash development or similar
• Excellent knowledge of forward thinking technologies and capabilities with the potential to significantly enhance the learning experience
• Adept at communicating, influencing, coaching, educating, challenging and managing senior stakeholders.
• Strong financial management / commercial acumen.
• The ability to translate client business needs into realistic and achievable plans in collaboration with the learning CoE.
• Well-developed verbal and written communication skills to address diverse organisational stakeholders at all levels.
• Ability to solve complex problems with guidance only needed in the most complex of situations
• Works independently
Your service line
Internal Client Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal client services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. We impact every area of our business, every day. From solving IT issues quickly and efficiently, to ensuring our people get the best possible training, to guiding colleagues on their tax and pensions. From our centralised hubs in Milton Keynes and Cardiff, we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
• We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
• We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
• We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
• We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
• We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 153987