Our people are our most important asset. Through an increasing use of blended learning solutions we are seeking to deliver a ground-breaking, agile solution that delivers outstanding results and exceeds their expectations.
Our business partners are the critical two-way link between the business and our Learning and Development teams. As a key member of the team, your role contributes true value to the bottom line and is recognized as essential for short and long-term strategic business planning.
Reporting to the HRD Learning, this is a great opportunity to play an essential role in Learning and Development’s transformation. By building trusted advisor relationships with Senior Managers in the business, you will reposition L&D to be the key differentiator in achieving their business goals. It’s a fast-paced and changing environment and you’ll need to be at the top of your game. As an accomplished Learning Business Partner, you will define and deliver an insightful learning and development plan that balances learning’s ambitions with the strategic goals of the business.
Providing both strategic and day-to-day leadership, you will stand out as being a creative thinker with strong commercial acumen. Stakeholder management will be key. You’ll be a role model for your high performing team, adept at collaborating, communicating, influencing, coaching and educating those around you.
• Leading, managing and developing a team of Learning Business Partners (Manager – T2).
• Building trusted advisor relationships with senior leaders in the business.
• Defining and owning a service-line-specific learning strategy aligned to business and learning CoE strategy.
• Driving an agenda that is aligned to the Learning Business Case of reduced cost of classroom and increased use of blended learning solutions. Not afraid to challenge where appropriate.
• Planning and executing an annual learning needs analysis to develop an understanding of the current and future needs of the business (including on-going projects, issues, business drivers, etc.), enabling greater clarity around key issues and the development of effective L&D solutions.
• Driving the annual budget process, overall financial direction and allocation of budget for technical learning within the service-line, conceptual ability to challenge costings and use of external vendors.
• Representing learning on relevant committee structures within the business area and influencing the agenda to ensure that the learning business case is fulfilled.
• Ensuring that the professional and leadership development needs of the service-line are represented firm wide and effective L&D solutions are developed through the ECD and LED teams.
• Utilizing the Design & Delivery team to deliver and facilitate innovative and practical technical L&D solutions and interventions aligned to business objectives and in line with defined standards and industry best practice.
• Where relevant, interface with the Business technical training team to align content development to the Design & Delivery team.
• Project sponsors for business driven technical curriculum, sit in design and delivery project meetings to ensure alignment with client needs.
• Influencing and challenging key stakeholders to ensure the appropriate delivery of technical L&D solutions, within budget.
• Reports on service line specific operational risk & governance, cascading operational requirements into the service line
• Develop, analyze and provide meaningful management information to the business to measure the effectiveness of learning and support the achievement of its goals.
• Ensuring the technical learning curriculum, and wider suite of development solutions, remains relevant and is able to adapt to changing business requirements.
• Having a broad perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; and a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture.
• Participate in the Change Acceptance Board, representing business needs and influencing demand planning accordingly.
• Facilitation will be part of the role and a balance will be found between keeping skills fresh and relevant within the job role
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Your professional experience
• Degree at a Bachelor level required
• Professional training / HR development / education qualifications in relevant subject area
• Experience at senior manager level and have a proven track record in core HR competencies and exposure to the associated risks.
• Adept at communicating, influencing, coaching, educating, challenging and managing senior stakeholders.
• Strong financial management / commercial acumen.
• Ability to understand and develop effective L&D and OD strategies while understanding the implications from a culture, business success and company practice standpoint.
• The ability to translate client business needs into realistic and achievable plans in collaboration with the learning CoE.
• The ability to provide leadership, work collaboratively, and consult effectively and independently with senior levels of the organization.
• Proven team leadership and management skills and ability to create a high performing, motivating, supportive and collaborative team environment.
• Well-developed verbal and written communication skills to address diverse organizational stakeholders at all levels.
• Experience or exposure to project management principles.
Your service line
Internal Client Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal client services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. We impact every area of our business, every day. From solving IT issues quickly and efficiently, to ensuring our people get the best possible training, to guiding colleagues on their tax and pensions. From our centralised hubs in Milton Keynes and Cardiff, we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
• We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
• We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
• We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
• We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
• We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
SLICSS BAHUMR WPFULL
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 153150