Head of HR (rapidly growing Fintech)
- Oakleaf Partnership
- £80000 - £100000 per annum
- HR Business Partner, HR Generalist
- Job Level
- Director / Head / VP
- Banking / Finance & Insurance
- Contract type
An amazing new role is available as a Head of HR for a rapidly growing, small Fintech/Financial Services business. Having just hit 45 staff and growing at a rate of 5 heads per month the business is now looking to hire their first HR person.
This is going to be a highly rewarding challenge where the business is very much a blank canvas from a HR point of view and the HR department will need to be set up from scratch. It is also a wide ranging position covering all aspects of HR - a true generalist position.
We are looking for candidates that are highly entrepreneurial, innovative, self-starting and have had experience with start up businesses before. Financial Services/Fintech background would be ideal however start up experience in other relevant sectors would also be considered.
This really is a highly unique and rewarding opportunity so if your background matches please apply ASAP.
- Analysis of current HR processes and procedures. Improving existing processes, implementing new processes and establishing a HR function to align to business needs and ultimately contributing to the overall success of the business.
- To sit as part of the Executive Committee to deliver strong leadership for the business.
- Execution of HR processes, including but not limited to Resourcing, Performance Management, Talent management, Monthly Headcount Reporting, International Mobility and People Plans
- Develop HR processes within the firm
- Collaborate and develop strong relationships and trust with business leaders to ensure the HR services support the delivery of the firm's commercial objectives
- Champion change programmes such as reorganisations or system enhancements / implementations
- Drive the development and production of management information, analysis and reporting that supports and informs timely and effective business decision making
- Work collaboratively with the business and HR colleagues to identify and shape HR strategies, practices and procedures
- Monitor and review performance appraisals and continually work with groups to develop grading consistency, ensuring that annual appraisals are carried out in a timely manner and actions are followed up
- Work with heads of department to keep up to date with progress on recruitment taking a hands on approach where necessary.
- Keep up-to-date with external developments which may impact strategy e.g. employment law and where necessary undertake research
- Take the lead on complex ER issues / case management
- Support business leaders in defining, developing and executing people plans that support the achievement of the business strategy
- Continually challenges the business to improve organisation, team and individual effectiveness including organisational effectiveness & design, skills development and talent management
- Provides feedback and coaching to ensure all leaders & people managers are equipped to drive employee engagement
- Previous experience in a start up business or function within a business.
- Significant project and change management experience focusing on employee relations matters, e.g. organisational restructuring, aligning workforce to business demands and redundancy
- Good knowledge of employment legislation
- Collaborative approach, ability to quickly build strong relationships with people at all levels across the business
- Excellent communication both verbal and written, including preparation of reports and presentations.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Innovative, entrepreneurial, enjoys a challenge
- Professional, credible and responsive
- Creative and focused on adding value to the business
- Excellent problem-solving, judgment and decision-making skills in highly complex situations
- Very effective influencing skills
- Strong organization development and project management expertise
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers, and clients
- Ability to use insightful data to inform decisions
- A very high degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications and HRIS applications
- Bachelor's degree or educational equivalent
- Extensive proven experience as a generalist or combination of generalist and specialist with a strong focus on direct line management and operating with senior/executive management teams