The HR Business Partner will effectively coach, influence and use their analytical skills to provide clear advice and guidance on all HR related matters and activities, gaining trust and confidence, in order to effectively influence and support Managers to develop their individual skills and capabilities, enabling them to meet their operational strategic aims and objectives.
A leading public sector organisation based in Central London.
- Act as a single point of contact for the Employees and Managers within their designated business areas.
- Contributed towards the development and implementation of the HR Annual Business Plan, which will feed into individuals' professional development, performance appraisals, individual one to ones, team meetings and in alignment with the Group's operational and strategic objectives, vision, mission, and values.
- Provide an analytic and evidenced based approach to service delivery, committing to a culture of continuous improvement, professional development and partnership working.
- Provide professional expertise, advice and guidance across a range of HR related issues and activities, providing high impact, innovative, collaborative and evidenced based solutions.
- To identify development opportunities to provide advice and guidance, influence and support Managers to improve their skills and management capabilities, to enable them to meet their operational and strategic aims.
- To be mindful as a team, to share best practice and trends in people management, working practices and styles, and the use of technology, to influence stakeholders and ensure that the Group complies with its statutory requirements, challenging behaviours and decisions where required.
- To provide support with Employment Relations issues, where required, including identifying and managing reputational risks, ensuring any precedents, current legislation, best practice and case law are considered.
- Build effective relationships with Senior Managers and Executives within the designated business areas, using networking opportunities to increase trust and confidence and raise the profile of the service, and increase staff engagement.
- Understand and anticipate the desire for change, using an analytical and evidence based approach, interpreting data to support any recommendations, within a framework which supports decision making and action planning, and which includes references to dependencies, risks and options for mitigation.
- Work closely with other colleagues within the HR Department, to share knowledge, best practice and to lead, participate in or work collaboratively on HR projects and activities, as required.
- Participate in Management Team Meetings within the designated business areas to improve knowledge and understanding, support requirements, service delivery and partnership working, as required.
Coach, train and mentor Managers and their teams in the correct interpretation and application of HR policies, procedures and statutory requirements, supporting them to deliver their operational and strategic objectives, which may include:-
- Change management, including providing guidance on the restructuring process, sense checking the business case, assessing and highlighting risks and challenging decisions where necessary, managing any subsequent redundancies, voluntary severance opportunities and redeployments
- Supporting Managers with job design, identifying networking and development opportunities, talent management and succession planning
- Vacancy management, including recruitment, selection, on-boarding and support with induction and probationary processes
- Supporting Managers to set SMART objectives and providing advice and guidance on managing effective appraisals, one to ones and team meetings.
- Supporting Managers to effectively manage performance, advising on potential disciplinary or grievance matters, as required.
- Provide support with internal communications, training and development workshops and any other projects, as required.
- Promoting ethical behaviour, diversity, and health and safety
- Proving support with resignations, retirement processes and reference requests, as required.
- Delivering and interpreting management information to the Senior Management Teams within the designated business areas, and ensuring that their establishments are accurately maintained.
- CIPD qualified or willing to work towards with substantial experience
- Extensive HR and Employee Relations experience gained in complex organisation with multiple sites.
- Experience of providing advice, guidance and coaching to Managers to develop their skills and capabilities
- Experience of working within the HRBP model to create positive and improved business outcomes
- Personal credibility which validates HR expertise to meet strategic aims.
- The ability to analyse and interpret data effectively and advise on a range of operational and strategic HR issues.
£42,000 plus generous benefits package.