Head of Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive tax free salary & benefits
- Head of Compensation & Benefits, Head of Reward
- Job Level
- Director / Head / VP
- Contract type
Established in 1929 in the Kingdom of Bahrain, Bahrain Petroleum Company (Bapco) was the first to discover oil in the Arabian Gulf in 1932. Since then, it has played a key role in the development and progress of the Kingdom.
Wholly owned by the Government of Bahrain, Bapco’s activities include refining, storage, and distribution of petroleum products, as well as sales and exports of crude oil and refined products.
Bapco has a rich history derived from its more than eighty years of legacy which has enriched the DNA and culture of the company. The company aspires to reach its vision to be recognized as a vibrant and empowering national energy company competing globally through its values of enterprise, trust and commitment.
As a result, the company is embarking on one of its most ambitious and exciting journeys in its history through its Bapco Modernization Project (BMP). This refinery expansion project will take the company into a new era of modernization, commercialization, transformation and technological advancement.
We currently have an opportunity for the role of Head of Compensation and Benefits for the Company, the role is responsible for the design and implementation of the Company’s compensation and benefits structure in order to ensure that such policies and procedures are continuously updated and are aligned with the Company’s business objectives and legal requirements.
In addition, this role is also responsible for developing a compensation and benefits budget of the organizations which requires working closely with Senior Management. The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and work/life balance.
Primary Job Responsibilities
• Designing, monitoring and analyzing employee salary and benefit schemes.
• Manages the HR policy development ensuring compliance with existing and updated Government regulations
• Recommends to management, annual merit and performance bonus budget.
• Managing the annual Performance Management Process and ensures performance appraisal ratings are within budget limits according to the approved standard distribution.
• Prepare and present to Management on major changes to policy, compensation & benefit, survey results, etc.
• Undertakes and participates in compensation surveys.
• Provide professional compensation support including advisory on competitive pay including individual compensation for new hires
Your Skills and Experience
• University Degree in Human Resources, Economics or Business Administration or equivalent.
• Professional Certificate in HR is preferred (SHRM, CIPD, etc.)
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience in HR Management specializing in compensation and the development of company policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of statistical analysis and maintain and updating compensation and payment schemes.
• High Level Computer shills with the ability to use all company standard supported software including Oracle, Microsoft Office, databases, and graphical presentation packages.
• Ability to analyze situations and make concise recommendations in objective consideration of legal, regulatory, employee and organizational factors