Ashley Kate are partnering with a long standing, local employer in Canterbury who are looking for an experienced, hands on strategic and operational Group HR Manager on a permanent basis.
This role is offering a salary of £45K to £50K + benefits.
Reporting directly into the Managing Director, you will be responsible for leading the HR function across UK and Asia. You will be accountable for defining a clear HR strategy with the directors and then putting this into action throughout the business.
They are looking for someone who can bring fresh ideas and new ways of working as well as bridging the gap between the UK and Asia headcount.
You will be very hands on within this position and will act as the face of HR as well as being involved in the strategic aspect of the business.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to -
- Represent the HR Function, ensuring best practice is followed and that it is fair and consistent as possible in relation to all employees.
- To work at a strategic level ensuring the people strategy of the business is in line with overall business objectives
- Oversee and manage the full recruitment cycle including administration and interview process.
- Act as a agent of change and champion this throughout the business
- To liaise with the HR team in Asia ensuring any initiatives are implemented there.
- Ensure that the Company complies with all Employment legislation, including ensuring that all policy and procedure is compliant.
- Promote employee engagement, motivation and well -being.
- To ensure policies and procedures are followed across the business
- To management the overall Training department across the business
- Line manage the HR team (2)
Candidate requirements -
- Strong, demonstrable experience of leading a HR function across the UK and ideally internationally as well
- Excellent and up to date UK employment law knowledge
- Ability to line manage a HR team to both coach and develop them
- Experience of beings hands on within a business as well as managing and leading strategic change
- HR experience within a fast paced, blue collar environment such as manufacturing, engineering, wholesale, logistics
- Experience of HR project management
- Knowledge of the recruitment process, ensuring fresh new attraction techniques are used
- CIPD qualified is highly desirable
If you are interested in this role, please apply or contact Ashley Kate for further details.
Ashley Kate specialise in recruitment nationwide for temporary, contract and permanent roles. We give equal priority to our candidate and client relationships and ensure we deliver a highly professional consultancy service at all times.
Ashley Kate operates as a Recruitment Agency for the provision of permanent candidates and as a Recruitment Business for the provision of temporary candidates.