HR Business Partner (12 month FTC)
- Osborne Clarke
- Bristol or London
- HR Business Partner
- Job Level
- Business Partner
- Legal, Professional Services
- Contract type
Osborne Clarke is recognised as one of the UK's most forward-thinking law firms. Our success is down to excellence in our approach to our clients, our people and our business.
With a growing international reach, particularly in Europe but also across Asia and the US, we look after a wide range of commercial clients such as Lloyds, HSBC, Facebook, and Vodafone as well as entrepreneurs and digital start-ups.
Our focussed strategy and positive working environment have been rewarded by many prestigious awards for career progression, management and culture, including being named Roll on Friday's 'Firm of the year' 2018.
Our people are at the heart of our business. Our multi award-winning HR team is highly respected for the central and strategic role it plays. We are renowned for our unstuffy and supportive culture, encouraging all our people to make the most of their talent with stretching careers in a fast growing and exciting environment.
Recent HR related accolades include:
- Firm of the Year, Roll on Friday 2018
- Best Recruiter, LawCareers.net 2017
- Best Company Culture, AllaboutLaw 2017
- Best for Job Satisfaction, AllaboutLaw 2017
- Best Company Culture, AllAboutLaw 2016
- Best Law Firm for Management and Culture, RollOnFriday 2016
- Excellence in Direct Recruitment, HR in Law 2016
What you'll do:
Working closely with key stakeholders within HR and across the firm, you will provide key strategic HR support to the Advisory Practice Group, Business Services & PA population.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Lead, manage and advise on Advisory & Business Service HR issues for Partners, Fee-Earners, Senior Managers, Heads, Directors and Chiefs and provide mentor and coaching support for two HR Advisors.
- Monitor progress and oversee activity being carried out across the team. Pick up own actions where appropriate and supervise any other temporary resource if necessary.
- Lead and manage Advisory, Business Services and PA Pay Review to conclusion from mid-June until the process ends in mid-July.
- Lead across issues including; team restructures, on-boarding and settling in of new teams (senior level recruits)
- Input to away day design for several key teams, handling potential redundancy and performance issues, producing and co-ordinating resourcing approvals.
What we're looking for:
We are looking for a driven and enthusiastic HRBP. You will have a background in HR Business Partnering, ideally gained in a law firm environment.
- Experience with regulatory focussed projects would be highly advantageous
- Experience across Comps, Bens & Reward is desirable
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the confidence to interact with people at all levels with appropriate assertiveness.
- Confident to engage with a client group to help them drive their business forward with pragmatic, business focussed, cost effective advice.
- Able to manage multiple tasks at once and will also be able to demonstrate that you work well both as part of a team and independently.
- Self-starter who can operate as an individual and as part of the wider HR team and can hit the ground running.
- Professional and flexible in approach, able to adapt to changing requirements and circumstances.
- Able to think strategically, remaining mindful of OC's strategy and considering big picture implications.
- Able to forge strong professional working relationships with internal customers.
- Able to manage expectations amongst internal clients whilst maintaining credibility and professionalism. Strong interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills, with the ability to be impartial.
To submit your application, please click on the link provided.
At Osborne Clarke, we are known for our open and inclusive culture. We believe that by investing in the diversity and wellbeing of our people, we create an environment where everyone can thrive to be the best that they can be. This means recognising that our people have lives and commitments outside of work. We have invested in connected working for our people and, where possible, we will accommodate flexible working for all our roles.