About the Company
Close Brothers Asset Management is one of the UK's largest and longest-established providers of high-quality financial planning advice and discretionary investment services. We aim to build and preserve our clients' wealth by providing a complete, personalised and professional service. We have specialised in managing client portfolios for over 40 years and our investment team and financial planners are supported by more than 550 staff, working from 8 offices across the UK.
About the Role
This is an integral role within the overall end to end HR service of Close Brothers Asset Management, providing support to key areas of our business, reporting into one of the HR Business Partners.
This is an excellent opportunity to provide HR support in a dynamic and fast paced environment, which will give great exposure to the entire business.
The role will be split into the following main areas:
- Operational HR: Including new starter processes, parental leave, flexible working, absence monitoring, probation reviews, contractual changes and HR system maintenance.
- Recruitment: Working closely with the Recruitment Business Partner, be responsible for screening CVs, liaising with agencies and hiring managers, organising and conducting interviews where appropriate and arranging recruitment administration.
- Advisory/Support/Projects: Supporting with project delivery, handling employee queries, carrying out exit interviews and other information gathering activities to identify trends, supporting on employee relations cases alongside the HR Business Partners, supporting the key annual processes such as bonus and salary reviews.
- To be suitable for this role you should hold a demonstrable interest in HR alongside an aptitude to developing a career within this field.
- Ideally the successful candidate should have 1-2 years experience in a similar role.
- Previous FS experience is highly desirable.
- The key to success in this role is attention to detail, a proactive approach and a “can do attitude”.
- Close Brothers will provide you with a platform to develop a successful HR career within an exciting, growing and dynamic organisation.
Rewards and Benefits
At Close Brothers we recognise the value of a work life balance, and have put together a benefits package that reflects this.
- Discretionary Annual Bonus
- Pension – Group Stakeholder Pension Plan provided by Friends Life; 5.3% employee and 10% employer contribution
- Life assurance – 4 times annual salary
- Private Medical Insurance
- Annual Leave – minimum of 25 days as standard with the opportunity to buy up to 5 days’ additional annual leave every March
- Plus further benefits including competitive family friendly offering , information available upon request
As an employer, Close Brothers is committed to equality and valuing diversity within its workforce. We provide equality of opportunity and will aim to ensure that no employee’s or candidates are subject to discrimination on grounds of any characteristics including but not withstanding gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, religion, age, disability, working pattern, caring responsibilities, political beliefs.