We are seeking a dynamic, proactive, customer-focused HR Advisor with extensive generalist experience to oversee the end-to-end employee lifecycle, develop and implement a range of bespoke HR Policies and Procedures, while providing employee relations and learning and development expertise to support our high performing and customer service culture.
Ambitious HR team within a well-known business
Recruitment and Selection
- To be responsible for modern, fair and fit for purpose recruitment processes that embrace the values including supporting Managers with their recruitment requirements, drafting and placing adverts, and participating in selection processes.
- To ensure that all new starts have a positive and effective Onboarding experience.
- To ensure full compliance with employment legislation and advising on reasonable actions, covering grievances, disciplinary, absence management, changes to terms and conditions and supporting managers;
- Oversee and lead on the entire employee lifecycle, including recruitment, Onboarding, terms and conditions, employee relations, and terminations;
- Collate and report on HR data to inform and influence strategy;
- To be the first point of contact for practical advice and guidance on policies and procedures, working with other functions to ensure a 'joined-up' and streamlined service for staff.
- To lead on the implementation of a new, fit for purpose HR system, ensuring GDPR compliance and that up to date, accurate records are kept for all staff.
- To develop and implement standard reports from the system for management information reporting purposes and to analyse that data to support decision making.
Learning and development
- To support the implementation of the Learning & Development strategy. This includes finding creative solutions to providing a range of learning and development activities across the organisation.
- To advise managers and staff on opportunities for growth and development.
- To champion and support a learning and development culture.
- To support the HRD with a number of projects including the refresh of the values, the implementation of a Competency Framework and a new pay progression strategy.
- Policies & Procedures
- Engage and involve our Union and staff representatives on Staff Forum at all stages of developing and implementing a range of bespoke policies and procedures, including a new staff handbook;
- Work across the organisation to develop and deliver related training for both line managers and staff to ensure these policies and practices are understood and embedded within our culture;
- CIPD qualified to Level 5 or with equivalent HR experience, you will have worked in a busy, customer focused generalist HR role with a broad skill set including strong administrative, analytical and relationship building skills.
- With up-to-date knowledge in HR practices and employment law and its application, you will be confident in coaching and influencing to achieve pragmatic outcomes. With an understanding of good employee relations practice and consultation principles, corporate governance, compliance and employment policy frameworks. You will have applied knowledge of employment contract variations.
- Experience working in a small HR team environment.
- Strong organisation skills, and the ability to work as part of a team as well as autonomously are essential.
- Excellent relationship management skills, with the ability to collaborate at all levels of the organisation to influence decision.
- Experience of working with performance management systems, competency frameworks and how to identify and address personal development needs.
- Demonstrate professional ethics.
- Some experience of working with Unions may be beneficial but is not essential
- immediately available or available a short notice