Making banking easier for all of our customers
We have an exciting opportunity for a HR Business Partner to join our team in London for a period of 12 months.
As the HR Business Partner you will be responsible for the delivery of the people agenda, Santander UK and Santander London Branch, within a blend of customer facing and non-customer portfolios, with a primary focus on partnering the SCIB platform and the Santander transformation office.
Through collaborative working relationships with the business areas, this role will highlight current and future people related opportunities, challenges and risks and agree activity and ways of working, ensuring a broad consistency across the Bank and only localising initiatives when necessary.
Key responsibilities will involve ensuring a consistent and holistic offering for the entire SCIB platform, across SanUK and SLB, ensuring both UK and global initiatives are implemented and a strong EVP is established for the Franchise. This role will also play a pivotal role in implementing and embedding an operating model that ensures operational effectiveness and meets regulatory requirements, supporting continued development and growth for colleagues.
Working collaboratively, both in HR and the respective business areas, this role will ensure stakeholders are engaged with the people agenda and that they understand their own delivery accountabilities.
We're passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That's why we've built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a HR Business Partner your main responsibilities will be
- Works with Senior HR Business Partners and areas of expertise to deliver the people agenda aligned to the Bank HR strategy in both customer and non-customer facing business teams.
- Engages respective Business areas with strategic HR agenda so stakeholders understand the associated activity and are clear on their own and their team's accountabilities for delivering and embedding it.
- Shares internal and external insights to raise awareness of current and anticipated opportunities, challenges and risks to inform current and future people related decisions and activity.
- Uses commercial understanding of the business to ensure all people activity that is planned is consistent with current and future business needs and is aligned to business objectives, raising any concerns or risks in a timely and appropriate way.
- Working closely with the Business change team, supporting key Bank transformation initiatives, ensuring key business stakeholders are engaged and informed.
- Contracts with key stakeholders and builds trust and confidence across both the customer and non-customer facing teams to support delivery of the people agenda.
- Has a broad overview of each AOE, the key deliverables and oversight of how these link to ensure a joined up approach in business areas.
Minimum skills and experience required
- Knowledge and experience of working within Wholesale, Corporate or Investment Banking and experience of partnering stakeholders within these businesses
- Comfortable with change and able to work at pace
- Senior stakeholder management experience is essential
- Experience in organisational design and reward frameworks is preferable
- CIPD membership or equivalent qualification
Salary - Competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that's flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It's one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you're interested in then please apply on the link below.