Your new company
A highly regarded organisation based in Bookham, Surrey
Your new role
To provide generalist HR support to managers ensuring that legislative, best practice and sector-specific standards of practice are implemented and maintained.
Resourcing and Talent Planning
- To lead the recruitment and selection process for all vacancies including shortlisting applicants, carrying out telephone screening, creating / reviewing value based interview questions and attending formal interview when necessary;
- To draft job adverts in conjunction with service managers and selecting appropriate cost effective advertising media within the allocated recruitment budget;
- To carry out pre-employment checks and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements;
- Undertake organisational wide recruitment assignments including recruitment/ assessment open days, providing advice to assist with the production of job descriptions and agency briefings where required.
Learning and Development
- To assist the HR Manager in implementing a L&D Plan by liaising with managers to understand all necessary aspects and needs of staff training and development;
- Maintain the organisational training matrix based on feedback from managers and external links and use this to suggest solutions for cost effective delivery of training;
- To coordinate in house and cost effective external training provision;
- To deliver HR related training courses as and when required to line managers;
- Advise service managers with initial stages of employee relation issues including but not limited to disciplinary and grievances, performance management and absence management (long and short term);
- Provide support to service managers in preparing and attending performance management meetings i.e. disciplinary, grievance, capability;
- To advise service managers on probationary matters and provide support during meetings, where required;
- To maintain up to date knowledge in employment legislation.
- To provide a monthly report for payroll including salary adjustment information, not salary calculations.
- To calculate holiday entitlements for all staff at the start of the financial year and any changes that may occur mid-year (new starters, leavers, variations to contracts);
- To lead on pre-employment packs for new starters; including offer letter, contract of employment and supporting documents;
- To create, update and review standard letters and templates for service managers;
- To provide timely correspondents to staff including but not limited to outcome letters of flexible working, variation to contracts and acknowledgement of resignations;
- Update and maintain the HR Staff List;
- To conduct exit interviews and new starter interviews; analyse feedback and provide this to relevant service managers ensuring that relevant service improvements are considered;
- To maintain the electronic Payroll & HR system including the upload of new starters and processing leavers accordingly;
- To coordinate induction programmes for new starters;
- Monitor absence and alert managers to high levels of absence;
- To coordinate the quarterly employee forum meetings, ensuring representatives attend, notes are written and distributed;
- Maintain and update the National Minimum Data Set
What you'll need to succeed
- Level 3 / Certificate in Personal Practice with the Chartered Institute of Personnel
- Generalist HR experience in particular recruitment & L&D
- Working knowledge of employment legislation and HR best practice.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent proficiency with IT
- The ability to manage sensitive issues with tact and discretion
What you'll get in return
A base salary of £24,000 - £26,500
35 hour working week
Full company benefits structure
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.