Employee Engagement Specialist
- Epson Europe BV
- Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
- Competitive Salary plus benefits
- Communication / Branding, CSR, HR Adviser
- Job Level
- Adviser / Executive / Officer
- Information Technology
- Contract type
Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader that is dedicated to exceeding the vision of customers worldwide through its compact, energy-saving, high-precision technologies. We offer an extensive array of award-winning products across the world ranging from printers and 3LCD projectors for business and the home, to electronic and crystal devices.
Working within the HR Specialist team, which operates as a Centre of Excellence across EMEAR, the Employee Engagement Specialist will be responsible for contributing to and delivering Epson's employee engagement strategy to maximise levels of employee engagement and retention.
The role is wide ranging, encompassing the development and coordination of employee engagement activities through a range of projects and will collaborate with experts across the business (SMEs, employees, business leaders), to shape activities that improve the way Epson listen to, communicate, engage and motivate employees to enhance the overall employee experience, positioning Epson as an employer of choice.
The role is based out of our Sales and Marketing Offices, in Hemel Hempstead, UK with travel expected across Europe as required.
- Gain employee opinions via working groups, employee forums, feedback sessions, pulse surveys and other informal feedback mechanisms; develop and implement action plans in response to feedback gathered
- Develop and implementation of a range of employee voice opportunities, to ensure two-way communication opportunities are maximized
- Work with HR teams to develop and coordinate the employee wellbeing strategy which reflects both local and EMEAR wide activities in support of financial, mental, physical and social wellbeing; develop a calendar of wellbeing activities across all countries in which operate.
- Analyse and recognise patterns in employee data, using people metrics such as absence, attrition, equality and diversity, to regularly inform and update activities and evaluate success.
- Work closely with the Employer Brand and Social Talent Specialist to develop new ways of communicating and engaging with employees and to position Epson as an employer of choice.
- Demonstrate the Epson values, developing and implementing new ways of embedding these across Epson EMEAR
- Coordinate and evaluate the effectiveness of engagement initiatives, establishing benchmarks and targets against which future improvements can be made
- Whilst this is an Employee Engagement Specialist role, the role is part of the HR Specialist team and will contribute towards the wider team goals and projects
Skills & Experience Required:
- Graduate with experience of working in an HR or Internal Communications environment; with some experience of employee engagement activities, what motivates, engages and retains employees would be an advantage
- A desire to learn about and understand employee engagement theory and practice and create plans for Epson that help us drive growth and positive change across EMEAR
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to be able to draft proposals to Epson senior management; confident in communicating across all levels of employee
- Good personal time management skills and awareness of how to use time efficiently
- Strong planning, organising and stakeholder management skills
- An innovative thinker, able to understand the needs of differing business and geographical areas
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Office packages (primarily Word, PowerPoint and Outlook) to produce slide decks and document requirements
- Experience of developing survey tools such as Smart Survey or Survey Monkey
- Self-motivated and able to self-manage with the ability to prioritise conflicting deadlines and escalate concerns
- Able to work as part of a team
- The willingness and ability to be able to learn new areas of work
Epson makes products for a wide range of customers and we are committed to having a diverse workforce. We offer a competitive salary and with an outstanding suite of benefits. Colleagues based in our sales and marketing offices at Westside, Hemel Hempstead work in an excellent waterside location with close proximity to Apsley train station, onsite parking and a subsidised restaurant.