HR Administrator with CIPD study support available
Your new company
A commercial company based on the outskirts of Guildford with free parking.
Your new role
Provide HR support on a day-today basis across the full HR generalist remit, contributing to the long-term development of the HR function. Provide a professional service to fully support, but not limited to, employee recruitment and selection activity, induction and onboarding and maintenance of HR systems.
- Maintain an accurate HR filing system (hard copies and through a HRIS) for all staff including regular data cleansing
- Action new starters/leavers on the HRIS, ensuring archiving of leaver files is up-to-date
- Work alongside HR Manager in managing the data contained in the HRIS, ensuring all staff personnel changes are documented and updated
- Oversee document control for Company policies ensuring updates are communicated in a timely manner through the HRIS
- Ensure administration of long service awards, birthday lists etc. is updated monthly
- Provide support with maintenance of HR Ops Folders
- Prepare contracts for review, new starter packs and creation of new electronic employee files ensuring all documentation is completed to a high standard and filed accordingly
- Provide support on ad hoc HR projects/ HR activities as required
- Undertake specific HR projects that supports the achievement of the operational HR strategic goals and the objectives of the organisation
- Assist with researching and placing job adverts, job descriptions and person specifications as required
- Log all recruitment and applicant activity on the HRIS to ensure stats reports can be developed and data is recorded accurately
- Create Interview Folders for assessment days, co-ordinating booking of rooms, set-up and meeting of candidates/ID check
- Update recruitment channels such as job boards, and professional networking websites as directed
- Take up references and validate as required
- Conduct pre-employment background checks, reviewing the completed checks and following up with any discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Co-ordinate the new starter administration process, including support for delivery of the induction programme and on boarding process
- Complete analysis of internal staff questionnaires and exit interview data as required
- Co-ordinate internal processes for performance management and probationary periods ensuring information is communicated in a timely manner to line managers
What you'll need to succeed
- Previous HR administration experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Effective at managing time and priorities and can handle tight deadlines
- Flexible in approach to work
- Experience of working within a busy and fast paced HR environment
- Strong PC skills across Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Proactive and able to multi-task whilst remaining organised
What you'll get in return
Applicants who are interested in obtaining the CIPD qualification will be supported
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.