Your new company
We are looking to recruit for a well known organisation based in Salford on a temporary basis
Your new role
The HR Assistant role is positioned within the HR Operations team. We are looking for someone to join the team to really help improve processes and administrative practices.
Your duties will include the following and more.
- Providing a high level and accurate administrative support function to the HR team. Enabling us to build a credible reputation by ensuring we get the basics right at the first time of asking.
- Supporting key aspects of the HR cycle from pre-employment through to leaving the University.
- Supporting Resourcing activity, for example, issuing contracts, undertaking pre-employment checks and inputting data.
- Building great relationships - answering queries raised by colleagues, providing a high level of customer service, being responsive and understanding of the importance of a query when a colleague makes contact.
- Working with HR systems - ensuring that the data that you are entering is accurate, looking at ways in which we can improve our use of the system, and gaining an understanding of the importance of accurate data to inform our work.
- Providing reception services to the HR and Finance team.
- Working as part of a team, ensuring effective cross-team working, consistency of advice and that a high quality of service is being provided across the team.
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to have significant experience of working within a fast paced administrative or customer service team. Strong administration skills with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Knowledge of Human Resources and the administrative tasks required to support an effective HR function and knowledge of issuing employee contracts.
Essential: GCSE Maths and English at Grade C or above, or significant work experience in a relevant discipline.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.