Your new company
Your new company is a housing association operating in Cheshire who are seeking a Human Resources Advisor to join their team.
Your new role
As a HR Advisor you will oversee 2 sections of the business, working closely with your team in providing HR input and advice. This is a generalist role and you will be building relationships, advising managers on best practice HR. Your duties will include the below and more.
- You will develop or revise HR Policies and Procedures to reflect changes in Employment Law and Society needs.
- Train Line Managers to use the HR Policies and Procedures competently and consistently.
- Support with project work where necessary.
- You will take responsibility for the full recruitment cycle including the drafting of job adverts, advice on where to place job adverts, arrange & participate in interview panels including selection criteria and recruitment decision.
- You will deal with employee relations cases, such as discipline, grievance, capability etc.
- Provide the organisation with advice and guidance as appropriate.
- Fully utilise Cascade to enhance HR effectiveness
- To support managers by working alongside them to deal with performance issues
- To support colleagues where necessary
What you'll need to succeed
- Ability to demonstrate a professional, confident and 'can do' attitude and be an approachable team member.
- Experience of working within a fast paced HR team or within a professional business environment within a HR role.
- Experience of supporting line managers with staffing issues eg: disciplinary, redundancy and change.
- It is essential that you are CIPD Level 7.
- Have the ambition and drive to work within a developing and growing business
- Have the mind set of continuous improvement, constantly looking at ways to improve and streamline HR support
- Enjoy building strong working relationships with a range of colleagues
- Ability to build effective relationships with line managers and employees in all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to act on own initiative and exercise judgement when required
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.