CMA Senior Director – People, Capability and Culture
With markets changing fast in an increasingly digitalised world and the UK leaving the EU, the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) are currently undergoing rapid business growth, presenting an exciting opportunity for a Senior Director for People, Capability and Culture.
The CMA is the UK’s world-leading government body established to make sure competition works in consumers’ favour and businesses treat their customers fairly. What we do really matters and makes a difference to people’s lives and we need to ensure that the CMA builds it workforce capacity, capability and commitments of its people. Join us and you will be playing a leading role in shaping the organisation, act as the formal deputy for the Executive Director, Corporate Services and a member of the Executive Committee
As we go through a crucial period of transformation and growth, the CMA is seeking to improve its organisational culture with an open approach to learning at an organisational, team and individual level. As such, it is vital that our people are achieving their full potential, and that we are fit-for-purpose both now and in the future. In this newly created role, you will therefore:
• Have overall responsibility for the HR function (Deputy Director, HR will report into this role).
• Develop and lead an effective business and solution focused HR function, providing both direction and motivation.
• Develop a highly effective and pro-active internal communications strategy and function and ensure change is communicated efficiently.
• Attract and retain high quality staff whilst establishing the design of the delivery model of CMA.
• Motivate staff to achieve a strategic alignment of objectives within the CMA.
• Engage with senior stakeholders to develop new structures and ways of working and implement the CMA’s pay and reward strategy.
• Promote and drive organisational change programmes to ensure the CMA is sustainable post EU Exit and to successfully relocate to Canary Wharf in 2019.
To make the most of this senior leadership role, you will need extensive HR or people change experience in which you have inspired and motivated teams. Having delivered expert services and strategy within an HR or people change function, you will have highly tuned interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to influence at all levels. As a natural leader, you will also have experience of delivering significant people-focused change programmes designed to improve engagement, organisational performance, and culture. Using your strategic skills to manage the delivery of high value and high-profile projects, you will be adept at understanding and influencing the politics of an organisation.
If you would enjoy being part of an organisation that wholeheartedly promotes inclusivity and values diversity, then please follow the instructions below to apply.