Employer Brand and HR Communications Manager, 12 months FTC
- DLA Piper
- Communication / Branding
- Job Level
- Legal, Professional Services
- Contract type
We’re looking for an experienced EVP and HR communication professional, with a proven background in delivering strategic communications and branding across multiple geographies for a 12 month fixed term contract (maternity cover). The successful candidate will be pivotal in communicating our people and culture agenda through our Employer Value Proposition and employee engagement strategies to ensuring we're raising the profile of our brand both internally and externally.
Our International EVP and HR Communications Manager, will work closely with our HR and Marketing teams to build and execute communications strategies around key employer branding and engagement initiatives. To succeed in this multi-faceted international role, you’ll need to be proactive and organized with a sense of urgency, working on multiple projects at the same time. The successful candidate will also contribute and support HR’s operational delivery by effectively coordinating internal communications (such as maintaining our presence on our intranet/HR systems and coordinating All HR Calls) and implementing a range of high profile projects, including our Employee Engagement Survey and renewing our commitment to Investors in People.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead HR projects in line with agreed priorities and ensuring project plans are in place, tracking deliverables for each project, working with key stakeholders.
- Develop compelling internal and external communications campaigns, aligned to the company's vision and strategy.
- Manage content for candidate/employee engagement activities, including driving our employer brand strategy to help drive internal and external awareness of company culture and our people’s stories.
- Lead our employer branding initiatives (in collaboration with Marketing) across our social accounts, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor to raise engagement and drive traffic to careers site and job postings.
- Manage the relationships with design consultants and/or agencies in line with budget.
- Develop and write materials to support key HR business projects, including supporting the development of communication and change plans. Collaborating with the wider HR team to shape internal presentations/engagement activities.
- Partner with the local teams to support their needs. For example, leading the development of pre- and post-launch branding materials (internal and external) for each phase of our Employer Value Proposition project.
- Provide insightful and innovative strategies for our employer branding, internal communications and engagement. Keep up to date with market trends and developments around employer branding and engagement and use it to come up with fresh ideas to engage and share knowledge.
- Organise internal events and announcements.
- Act as a digital evangelist, including providing training and development to up-skill our internal population to efficiently utilise resources, for example best practice training for the Recruitment team on employer branding and digital recruitment, such as how to manage your LinkedIn presence and create content.
- Drive the implementation, communication, planning and delivery of the Employee Engagement Survey, including utilising feedback from the survey to shape and inform key communication activities.
- Ensure excellent user-experience on internal channels regarding people and culture related topics.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- The successful applicant will be an effective communicator with strong verbal, written and presentation skills. Capable of aligning key messages to different international cultures. A natural communicator with a strong attention to detail, you understand the need to consider different perspectives and deliver the right local message.
- Proven project management skills and strong experience in delivering successful external and internal employer branding, engagement and communications projects. Results-focused with a track-record of success, super organised, a natural problem solver with the ability to apply initiative and work independently, you will ensure projects milestones are met and your wide variety of tasks juggled with accuracy and integrity.
- Flexible and collaborative in your approach, and adept at building stakeholder relationships with the ability to influence and motivate senior level stakeholders.
- Solid understanding of a range of communications disciplines. Digitally savvy with a solid understanding of how to maximise the use of digital content. You will be accomplished at designing and managing dynamic communications content for multiple platforms (including LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and a range of industry forums as per our Corporate and HR digital strategies) to support the firm’s people narrative, including content development and delivery to capture timely, strategic people stories for internal and external sharing.
- Technically astute, you will be responsible for the maintenance and evolution of the International Careers website including the content and imagery on the site and it's interface with our ATS (Taleo). You will be responsible for safeguarding the technical functionality as well as the look and feel and tone of voice, in-line with the new branding guidelines.
- HR business partnering experience and technical knowledge (with HRIS's) would be advantageous, specifically expertise in HR processes and technology, such as their impact on the candidate and employee experience.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
At DLA Piper we are firmly committed to diversity and inclusion. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates, and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment to you and where local legislation permits, we may conduct pre-employment screening that can include checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.