Learning Business Advisor, Strategy and Management, Human Resources
Our people are our most important asset. Through an increasing use of blended learning solutions we are seeking to deliver a ground-breaking, agile solution that delivers outstanding results and exceeds their expectations.
Our mission is simple. We want our people to be the best they can possibly be. Equipping our colleagues with the latest skills to solve our clients’ most complex issues is the thread that brings us all together. By delivering an innovative and agile world class learning portfolio that’s accessible to all, we will nurture and build new capabilities for our talented people. That’s where you step in. What impact will you make?
Be successful in this role and you will ensure the smooth running of the Strategy and Management function. You’ll be responsible for liaising with teams across the operation to collate information, report on key activities, and confidently manage multiple stakeholder’s expectations. Using business analysis you’ll identify underlying issues, patterns and relationships and make data driven recommendations to maximise results. It’s a close knit team and your Business Manager will rely on you for support. We’ll need you to be organised, efficient and proactive to help drive agendas and key projects forward to a positive outcome.
- Supporting the Business Manager to produce documentation for all levels of committees, stakeholders and management meetings.
- Strong stakeholder management skills: able to adapt and work with senior managers and their teams across the structure.
- Able to liaise with work streams (TOM, Curriculum, Digital) and senior managers to collate and report on risks, issues, actions in relevant formats and into relevant stakeholders (including for example the HR Operations’ team)
- Accountable for the Share Point site and updating central documents to ensure smooth running of the Strategy & Management function. Ability to constructively chase down information and actions in readiness for reporting into meetings and committee forums on key activities.
- Supporting the Business Manager in managing comms and engagement across the learning community. Support with documentation for monthly Learning Leadership meetings and quarterly functional learning meetings
- Work closely with the Central Services team to link strategic KPIs to operational MI and build reporting tools which align the teams’ work without duplication. Happy to work across the function and liaise with SSO where appropriate to gain MI and reports for Strategy & Management purposes.
- Secretary to the Learning Leadership meeting, collating actions and driving the agenda.
- Supporting the Business Manager by feeding into the Change Acceptance Board, highlighting risks and issues and contributing to mitigation plans by function – detailing activity, timeline, risk and mitigation.
- Confident to escalate issues and risks in a timely manner. Brings a solution-based mind-set, prepared to think around problems to find solutions.
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: London. This is a permanent full time role with opportunities for some working from home.
Your professional experience
Knowledge and experience:
- Financial awareness
- Excellent analytical skills, an ability to ask questions and seek the root cause of an issue or spot a trend or theme in different data sources
- Proactively drive agendas and tasks forward
- IT skills including MS Project, PPT, Excel
- Presentational skills
- In depth knowledge of discipline and able to work independently with minimal guidance
- Strong organisational skills
- Planning and project management skills
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Consulting and change management skills
- Able to manage concurrent activities ensuring appropriate risk management
- Exposure to people change initiatives and ability to gain confidence and respect of business stakeholders
Your service line
Internal Client Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal client services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. We impact every area of our business, every day. From solving IT issues
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 153991