Learning, Leadership & Executive Development, Portfolio Manager, Human Resources – Senior Manager
Our people are our most important asset. Through an increasing use of blended learning solutions we are seeking to deliver a ground-breaking, agile solution that delivers outstanding results and exceeds their expectations.
Our Leadership and Executive Development professionals lead with vision. They are at the forefront of thinking; developing new and innovative approaches to LED and paving the way to helping individuals and the firm reach their full potential.
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. This is an exciting opportunity to help create a market-leading LED portfolio that reflects our core values. Reporting to the Senior Manager – Leadership & Management Development, you will be instrumental in designing a world class, strategically connected portfolio that’s based on the very latest trends in LED thinking. Drawing upon your deep expertise and subject knowledge, you’ll collaborate with both in-house and external specialists to design a comprehensive, specialist portfolio of LED initiatives, programs, training events and digital resources that will positively impact our leader’s development. To ensure tangible benefits are delivered to the business, you’ll have a firm hand on the finances, forecasting, planning and reviewing of the curriculum in your portfolio.
You will lead by example. Providing both strategic and day-to-day leadership, you will stand out for your innovative approach and emotional intelligence. You’ll be a role model for your team, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and adept at collaborating, communicating and inspiring those around you.
• Design and Develop the end-to-end strategic approach to your Portfolio within the Management and Leadership development space at Deloitte UK
• Integrate this strategy with global and regional priorities and interdependencies, including with the DUE strategy
• Work with the LED lead to forecast budget requirements and integrate into the annual planning cycle
• Forecast and plan all curriculum for your Portfolio, working with Central Services to understand existing curriculum, what needs retiring/refreshing and where gaps exist. Manage the overall plan
• Accountable for overall quality and strategic connectivity of your Portfolio to the needs of the business
• Understand the cost of your service, and work with Content Design to ensure all costs are identified and factored into the PID during design phase
• Work closely with the other learning functions such as Design and Delivery to ensure alignment and value for money
• Ensure that the LED priorities align to and deliver against the Business strategies and the Learning Business case with regards the curriculum re-design
• To propose resource requirements for LED activities, internally and externally, advising on project scope and ramp up periods as necessary
• Accountable to identify and source quality external providers to meet requirements, and bring outside in thinking, such as working with universities and business schools, and finding vendors who fit the needs of the business
• To design a comprehensive specialist portfolio of LED initiatives, programmes, training events and digital resources, including high potential programmes, promotion programmes, and executive development
• To develop a connected view of learning, which brings talent review processes and career paths together for a fully integrated and strategic approach to learning
• To research and recommend LED solutions, aligned to and fulfilling gaps identified in the LNA, and the Portfolio
• Work closely with Content management to ensure de-duplication, retirement of old content and management of existing catalogue
• To carry out regular market evaluation for LED services for the Portfolio, inviting specialists in to constantly refresh ideas and methodologies for leadership development
• To play a key part in developing new and innovative approaches to LED
• To assist and coach senior leaders with people and team performance practices, encouraging behavioral change and increased accountability for people and team performance
• Encourage and foster team development and introduce appropriate psychometrics and coaching initiatives
• Work with the SLs and Learning CoE on Leadership & Executive Development to develop leading edge LED Programmes
• To ensure the roll out and continuous improvement of all LED products
• Responsible for day to day management of the team, clearly defining objectives providing constructive feedback and to coach, support and guide LED team
• Ensure that all in the LED team deliver at the highest possible standard
• Lead by example and ensure that all team members take a proactive business support approach
• Work closely with Content Management to monitor LED interventions, reviewing that they give best value for money and return on investment
• To monitor all measurable savings, particularly around cost reduction and cost avoidance
• To ensure that any reports and statistics are in line with business requirements
• Facilitation will be part of the role and a balance will be found between keeping skills fresh and relevant within the job role
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Your professional experience
Knowledge and experience
• Deep expertise in the subject, through psychology, work experience, or professional qualifications such as executive Coaching
• Vendor relationship management
• Experience of working in a partnership and highly matrixed organization desirable
• Stakeholder management and commercial acumen
• Innovation and emotional intelligence. A strong sense of what will work in the Deloitte environment, ability to listen and adapt
• Collaborative and eager to create networks and break down barriers in order to dive a better end product and solution
• Comfortable working in a fluid and highly collaborative way, happy to roll up sleeves and get stuck into developing work
• Able to bring out the best in people when working under pressure
Your service line
Internal Client Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal client services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. We impact every area of our business, every day. From solving IT issues quickly and efficiently, to ensuring our people get the best possible training, to guiding colleagues on their tax and pensions. From our centralised hubs in Milton Keynes and Cardiff, we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 153541