Head of HR
Established in 1929 in the Kingdom of Bahrain, Bahrain Petroleum Company (Bapco) was the first to discover oil in the Arabian Gulf in 1932. Since then, it has played a key role in the development and progress of the Kingdom.
Wholly owned by the Government of Bahrain, Bapco’s activities include refining, storage, and distribution of petroleum products, as well as sales and exports of crude oil and refined products.
Bapco has a rich history derived from its more than eighty years of legacy which has enriched the DNA and culture of the company. The company aspires to reach its vision to be recognized as a vibrant and empowering national energy company competing globally through its values of enterprise, trust and commitment. As a result, the company is embarking on one of its most ambitious and exciting journeys in its history through its Bapco Modernization Project (BMP). This refinery expansion project will take the company into a new era of modernization, commercialization, transformation and technological advancement.
We currently have an opportunity for the role of Head of Human Resources for the Company, the role is responsible for leading the function for Bapco, based in Bahrain. The selected candidate will direct and coordinate all activities of the Human Resources Department. This includes consulting and providing strategic direction to the Business on complex matters to ensure the delivery of an effective and efficient HR function aligned with the company’s growth strategy. The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and work/life balance.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Directing the creation and development of new or revised proposals on HR policies/procedures and employee compensation/benefits in light of the Company’s HR Transformation Project and benchmarking with peer organizations, and in turn presenting them to the Management/Board for review and approval in order to ensure that the company is able to attract and retain the very best talent
• Directing and controlling Organizational Development (OD) and Manpower Planning (MP) functions in order to ensure effective utilization of the company’s human capital and to maintain manpower numbers at optimum levels
• Managing the internal and external recruitment of Bahraini and Expatriate employees for all departments in the company to ensure that skilled and experienced manpower resources are available at all times
• Support major aspects of employee relations with trade unions, and to serve as a key link between Senior Management and the unions to ensure that interests of both the company and employees are safeguarded
• Planning and directing human resources process improvement initiatives/HR projects and ensuring resources are available for effective implementation of the respective HR initiatives/projects
Your Skills and Experience:
• Minimum Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent
• Member of CIPD, SHRM, or equivalent
• Minimum of 15 years demonstrable experience in the HR function in a large corporation of which more than 5 years should have been in an HR leadership position
• Excellent knowledge of current HR best practices and latest global trends
• Ability to analyze situations and make concise recommendations in objective consideration of legal, regulatory, employee and organizational factors
• Ability to lead a young team and to act as a mentor/coach as needed.
• High level of interpersonal skills and ability to articulate ideas in a clear and concise manner
• Knowledge and experience of implementing Human Resource Information System is a plus.