Your new role
We are looking to recruit for a senior level HR Advisor to join a well known professional services firm with a national presence.
The Senior HR Advisors provide comprehensive, commercial and operational HR support to our fee earning teams and business services areas. The role can be based in any of our UK offices, with occasional travel to the other UK offices, as required.
The following list of duties is not exhaustive but gives a flavour of the duties the Senior HR Advisor undertakes:
- Supporting the achievement of the firm's growth and development plans and working with the business on projects
- Involved in and taking the lead on at least one ad hoc projects within the Central HR team on a regular basis, supporting colleagues in other locations or teams as needed
- Sole HR responsibility for a significant business services directorate, contributing strategic HR expertise to business meetings with senior managers and prepare formal proposals and/or delivery of key initiatives as required.
- Work closely with the HR Leadership team to manage and deliver performance and salary review for the business services directorate they are responsible for, ensuring all proposals are approached with commercial and sound judgement.
- Provide support and coaching to junior colleagues within the HR team as required.
- Continually critically evaluate and develop proposals for improvements/efficiencies within the business services directorate (and wider business where appropriate).
- Lead and support change within the business.
- Day to day operational HR tasks as outlined below:
- Working with line/HR Managers in handling the employee relations, disciplinary or grievance issues arising, providing appropriate and timely support and maintaining appropriate records
- Providing assistance and advice with regard to the day to day application of HR policies and procedures as well as ensuring HR records are kept up-to-date. Liaising with line managers to ensure effective management and reporting of short and long term sickness
- Providing day to day benefits information and advice as required. Being aware of the terms and conditions applicable to the various roles within the firm, and ensuring that the appropriate benefits are in place for staff in a timely manner
- Dealing with all maternity leavers, returners and others to include handling working flexibly applications in conjunction with the line/HR Manager
- Working alongside the Resourcing team, providing support to the HR Managers in the provision of timely and cost effective and efficient resource management to client teams
- Liaising with recruiting line/HR managers to establish a business case and authorisation of vacancies before commencing with appropriate sourcing and attraction methodologies. Supporting the selection process as needed through to offer stage
- Appropriate liaison with HR Shared Services regarding staff changes and provision of management information
- Supporting all new joiners from point of offer to date of commencement, assisting with inductions
- Supporting leavers from point of resignation to leaving date. Conducting exit interviews as required, and feeding back appropriate MI
- Managing secondment requests
- Assisting the Graduate team with their summer placement programme, trainee solicitor assessment centres and law fairs, as required
- Assisting in the provision of rigourous performance management support to the divisions/directorates as required
- Supporting the annual and interim performance review processes to ensure all performance reviews take place and are documented appropriately. Ensure that any training and development needs are dealt with in a timely manner
- Supporting the annual salary review process for all client groups
Knowledge, skills and experience required (bespoke torole)
- Ideally you, will be of graduate calibre and either part or fully CIPD qualified but this is not essential
- Previous generalist HR experience at a similar level required, ideally but not necessarily within a professional services environment
- Have the ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- A clear ability to manage a changing and challenging work-load, both flexibly and efficiently
- Experience of coaching colleagues and other staff/management within the business
- Ability to apply sound judgement and expertise in unusual business scenarios, including complex employment relations matters/cases
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders and constructively challenge them in order to reach a solution; excellent written and verbal communication skills (including presentation skills)
- A strong team orientation
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines whilst maintaining a high attention to detail at all times
- Highly computer literate
What you'll need to succeed
- You will need to have experience within a similar advisory role.
- You must have an excellent up to date employment law and ER knowledge.
- A proven track record of dealing with and completing case work to a high standard.
- You must be able to work autonomously.
- You will be able to handle your workload in a fast paced, high pressured environment and be able to prioritise your work accordingly.
- Experience within a legal or professional services environment would be highly advantageous.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.