Interim HR Manager
- Oakleaf Partnership
- City of London, London
- £400 - £600 per day
- HR Manager
- Job Level
- Banking / Finance & Insurance
- Contract type
A global Investment Management firm are currently looking to hire a HR Generalist and a keen interest in financial markets to provide full HR support to the firms growing operation in Europe and become an active member of the global HR team.
The successful applicants will have the opportunity to:
- Work in a dynamic environment to support a growing business in Europe with the main office currently based in London supporting the smaller offices in Ireland, Greece, Luxembourg, Spain and Italy.
- Work closely with the Head of Human Resources for Europe and Asia based in London to support the execution of the HR strategy.
- Act as a trusted HR advisor to the employees in the region to assist with any employment related matters.
- Oversee and motivate the high performing administrative team in the region.
- Develop strong relationships and contacts with the external providers, recruitment agencies and training vendors in order to provide a pro-active top of the class HR service to the Värde business.
- Manage all HR related operational aspects and participate in process improvement.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Running of the HR function
- Assist with developing and implementation of the employment policies and practices
- Act as a point of contact for employee and manager queries
- Manage the arrival and departure of all new employees from an administration point of view (subscription to healthcare provider, retirement, employee reference checking…)
- Manage and administer employee leave and holidays, benefits, pensions and renewals processes, as well as be the first point of contact for all benefits-related issue for the European offices
- Manage the team assistants, address any performance related issues and informal grievances
- Provide advice on all aspects of local employment law and procedure agreements, working closely with the HR team based in the US and with our local lawyers if required.
- Produce and deliver written proposals, ad hoc research and formal presentations to Directors and staff on HR related interventions when required
- Participate in regular HR Team meetings and proactively contribute to proposed projects and initiatives and to take a role in their development and implementation
- Manage the recruitment process for the new hires in European offices, including identifying the role to organising interviews and assessments, building relationships with recruiters, and managing the offer process
- Manage the PSL by selecting local head-hunters and building relationships with recruiters
- Co-ordinate the recruitment process with our US Recruiting Manager especially for reporting purpose and validation towards the top management
- Manage the hiring plan for Europe
- Coordinate performance management process and administering talent assessment and compensation processes for the European offices
- Participate in the annual Talent Management process linked to compensation
- Support the Head of HR throughout the compensation process, preparation of salary, bonus and benefits related modelling and analysis in excel as required
- Perform compensation analysis and benchmarking with the firms' compensation consultant
- Process multiple monthly payrolls
- Respond and resolve queries from employees and management relating to payroll
- Participate in Annual Audits and HRMC Audits
HR Systems and Processes:
- Interest in automating and continuously improving processes
- As part of the global HR team, effectively communicate changes of new systems and processes. Be a credible resource for explaining technical information.
- Keep all employee records updated
Learning & Development:
- Build out the learning and development offering by partnering with external firms to build upon professional skill set of employees
- Work with the Head of Human Resources to identify and address learning and development needs of the employees in a systematic way
- Collect the development needs for the office
- Select the preferred suppliers for the running of the training
- Propose new local providers and organise training courses
- Key attributes are: quick learner, high energy with self-initiative and the drive to succeed.
- Ability to operate in a fast paced, demanding environment with a flexible approach to working hours.
- A proven experience within payroll, able to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the key payroll processes
- A strong background working in HR Operations, Payroll and HRIS essential
- Strong analytical capabilities with excellent attention to detail, enjoys working with numbers and statistics
- Above average critical thinking and execution skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi task, juggle workloads and meet deadlines.
- 4 years plus experience in Human Resource generalist and/or specialist functions. University graduate, CIPD or equivalent qualification is an advantage.