HR Director - UK & Ireland
• Newly created role with multisite responsibility
• HR Director level role supporting a business in change and growth
About Our Client
Diversey is a leading global provider of commercial cleaning, sanitation, and hygiene solutions for a broad range of industries including hospitality, health-care, food service, retail and Food and Beverage producers. The company's products and services have been making food, drink, and facilities safer for its customers since 1923. The Diversey business is approximately $2.6 billion in revenues. Approximately 75% of revenues are generated outside of the United States with 9,000 employees dispersed globally. Today, Diversey touches the lives of 800 million workers directly or indirectly.
Diversey provides a range of different cleaning and hygiene products that integrate chemicals, floor care machines and equipment with efficient technology-based services, food safety services, and water and energy management. Their products promote sustainable cleaning across floor, kitchen, laundry, carpet, personal and restroom care as well as insect and odour control.
In 2017, Diversey was spun out of Sealed Air into a standalone company. Under new leadership and with the recent investment of Bain Capital, Diversey is poised to transform itself and the broader industry to change how the cleaning industry creates value with innovative digital solutions. The holistic combination of Diversey's product and service offerings makes its innovation possibilities limitless and the company is seizing opportunities to sell more predictive solutions based on its Internet of Clean™ platform, robotics, and sustainability innovations. The Internet of Clean™ provides a chance to radically transform the way the industry delivers value through cleaning, and is delivering huge benefits by preventing food poisoning, hospital acquired infections and other health related incidents.
Diversey is well positioned to lead the industry in this transformation and thus create significant career growth and wealth building opportunities for employees, and profits for investors and stakeholders. The global hygiene and cleaning industry remains a largely unexplored market and there is tremendous opportunity for Diversey to provide more global solutions to customers, further increasing its value proposition and having significant impact on the health and well being of people around the world.
Diversey has a long standing commitment to sustainability in which they take actions within their own operations by focusing on environmental responsibility through eliminating waste and improving efficiency. The company helps clients and customers save water, conserve energy, increase safety and prevent waste through the products and solutions they offer. Diversey consciously looks at the source of the materials they use in their products to ensure sustainability through the value chain.
Diversey has grown internationally throughout the 20th and 21st centuries. In 1996, it was acquired by Unilever and was later sold to Johnson Wax Professional, then a part of S.C. Johnson, becoming JohnsonDiversey. In 2010, JohnsonDiversey was bought by private equity company CD&R and simplified to Diversey. Shortly after, Diversey was sold to Sealed Air for $4.3 billion. In 2017, Diversey was spun out of Sealed Air into a standalone company.
Diversey's global headquarters are based in Charlotte, North Carolina.
The HR Director (HRD) role supports, implements, and executes all tactical aspects of the HR function, including but not limited to: Total Rewards (compensation, benefits, immigration & relocation); Talent Acquisition (recruiting, new hire on-boarding, orientation), Talent Management (performance management & development), Learning & Organisational Capability (performance management, training delivery & design), Diversity & Inclusion programs coordination, HRIS deployment, government & legislative compliance, employee relations, termination management, and employee engagement and good will initiatives.
This position is supporting management and staff in creating a motivated and high-performance work environment, ensuring a healthy and respectful workplace and promoting commitment, continuous learning, leadership and best management practices.
This position is responsible for providing best in class HR Business-Partner support to the business by pro-actively handling and developing all HR related activities/processes based on local/regional/global internal/external rules in the UK and Ireland.
The Successful Applicant
This role requires a high quality HR Director / Business Partner to support the Senior Leadership team and headcount of c1000 across the UK&I. The opportunity to make an impact is significant and immediate. The right candidate will have strong generalist skills and will be proactive, engaging and collaborative.
The ideal candidate will have experience working within a dynamic and vibrant international company - and be used to working to tight deadlines, to going the extra mile and working within a very fast-paced environment. Excellent communication skills are vital, along with attention to detail, commitment and a willingness to work hard and get the job done.
Broadly candidates must:
• Be accountable for all HR related operational and more strategic activities in the countries
• Be responsible for implementing/executing of global, regional and cluster HR agenda/processes (e.g. performance management, salary & bonus review, talent development and succession planning) as well as projects; coordinates local implementation
• Ensure smoothness of running daily local HR operations (e.g. recruitment, promotions, retention, payroll, comp & ben, HRIS, restructuring, IR/ER, legal compliance, office administration, car fleet etc.)
• Define the local company HR strategy and policies supporting the business strategy/needs within the regional/global HR framework
• Act as a member of the country leadership team, provides proactive operational and strategic support in HR-related matters and business projects from the start of early thoughts, decisions until implementation
• Act as senior HR Generalist/Business Partner for country leadership teams
• Coach and provide guidance to management on leadership, management skills and responsibilities, challenging them and acting as their confidant and sounding board
• Support the internal employee communication and culture, strengthening inclusion & diversity ensuring that company values are implemented
• Support company-wide transformations and change management
• Promote, motivate, retain and develop HR team
• Ensure sharing of best practice, efficiency and getting synergies also by region-working
• Develop and ensure achievement of respective HR budgets
• Participate in cluster and European project groups
• Have all-round general knowledge of the principles and practices of European human resources management including ER/IR in a unionised environment
• Be an established leader with strong people development and management skills
• Have strong analytical, problem-solving and project management skills
• Be numerate, articulate, confident and an excellent communicator, oral and written with good experience of HRIS and payroll
• Have an ability to work flexibly, calmly and efficiently whilst responding to multiple and ever changing business priorities
• Be self-motivated, results orientated and reliable individual prepared to take personal accountability for delivering all aspects of the operational HR agenda
• Have experience of change management and process improvement ideally post-merger or acquisition
In addition candidate must have:
• Relevant bachelors/master's degree (CIPD fully qualified);
• 8+ years of relevant, progressive experience in roles of increasing seniority, with at least 3 years of supervisory experience
What's on Offer
Salary up to £110,000 plus broader package
Ref Code: MPTC13931600Z