HR Systems Analyst
- Ripon, North Yorkshire
- Up to £25000 per annum
- HR Analyst, HR Systems & Data Analytics
- Job Level
- Contract type
About the role
As an HR Systems Analyst you will be working within a busy Systems/MI Team to act as System Administrator for the HR/ payroll systems ensuring the integrity of the database structure and data in the systems as well as playing a key role in the ongoing system development and configuration. The role will provide technical system support to the specialist teams within the HR Shared Service centre, including but not limited to Payroll, HR Administration, Employee Relations, Resourcing and Learning & Development. You will link closely with the IT department and external system providers to raise and resolve any issues/ queries relating to the systems. The role will also support the HR Programme & Service Delivery Manager to ensure processes and systems are managed and up dated to offer the best possible customer service to customers across all levels of the business.
You will also be responsible for:
- Undertake the role of system administrator (super user) across all HR/ Payroll systems. Oversee and carry out the set up, configuration and maintenance of all system background areas, user security, workflows and user defined fields/screens thereby ensuring the ongoing integrity of the systems.
- Provide first line technical system support for all system users, including dedicated support to the Payroll Team and employees using MyView.
- Coordinate system upgrades/ patches with UAT testers within the HR Shared Service Centre, IT and the system suppliers, including configuration, UAT testing, training and roll out to the live system.
- Previous experience working as a System Administrator / Technical System Administrator
- Strong all-round IT skills including the use of HR systems, database input, data manipulation, use of MS Office Applications. At least intermediate user of MS Excel, preferably Advanced user.
- Knowledge and experience of payroll input/ processes is preferable but not essential.
- Working knowledge of MS PowerPoint for preparing/ editing system user guides.
- Strong background in administrative processes and procedures.
- Experience of putting in place new processes or procedures to ensure continuous improvement.
- Strong communication skills and experience of challenging and querying at differing levels within an organisation. Able to confidently chase information and pro-actively ensure timely delivery of information from others and self.
- Working knowledge of management reporting tools such as Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Excel, Access etc.
- Experience in problem solving and process mapping, trend analysis.
- The ability to manage and manipulate large amounts of data in order to provide concise, summarised analysis.
- High level of accuracy, numeracy and attention to detail.
About your development and benefits
We aim to unlock your potential and equip you with all the skills required to move to the next stage in your career with us, whilst earning a full salary. This all starts with your induction where you get to know us and our business and continues with relevant training and development.
Our people get benefits including:
- pension plan
- holiday - 23 days increasing to 25 after 2 years' service
- staff discount
- profit share
Wolseley UK is an operating subsidiary of Ferguson plc, a FTSE 100 company, and the world's largest trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and a leading supplier of building materials. We build our businesses through the quality of our people - the excellent service they provide and their strong relationships with vendor and customers.
Wolseley UK also invests heavily in people through a company-wide training structure focused on developing core skills, and offers an award-winning pension and rewards package.
Wolseley UK are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Closing Date: 29th August 2018