HR Advisory Assistant Manager (T1), HR Services
- Milton Keynes
- HR Adviser, HR Generalist, HR Manager, HR Systems & Data Analytics
- Job Level
- Contract type
The Shared Services Organisation requires an Assistant Manager to lead the smooth running of the Advisory functions within the HR Services function of the Shared Services Organisation.
The primary function of this role is to lead the HR Advisory teams to deliver an excellent customer centric service to our people ensuring that service level agreements are met. Your role will involve building strong relationships with key operational teams and stakeholders internally and more broadly across Deloitte.
You will also be responsible for escalations from within and about the Advisory team and will be expected to make recommendations for improvements where necessary, get buy in for any proposed changes through to implementation where agreed with the support of the HR Advisory Manager and Senior Manager where necessary. You will support the implementation of harmonised ways of working through the next stages of the development of HR Services as a whole.
The HR Services team totals 138 people, 87 of whom are based in Milton Keynes (including the Helpdesk Manager), and 51 of whom are based in Hyderabad, India, all as part of the Shared Services Organisation. The Shared Services Organisation is based in Milton Keynes in the UK and India, supporting the UK and Swiss Firms comprising approx. 20,000 Partners and staff including 24 UK Offices and 6 Swiss offices.
Leadership & Strategy
• Monitor KPIs, SLAs and OLAs where appropriate measuring achievement against those levels set out and implementing improvement activities where necessary.
• Support the delivery of the SSO vision across HR Services.
• Support the growth and development of services across HR Services, supporting process streamlining and automation opportunities and adhering to set governance.
• Take an active role in the recruitment, induction programme and on-going training for team members.
• Support the creation of content on the appropriate knowledge hub to support the Advisory resolution of queries i.e. HR Online.
• Be actively aware of all projects that could impact the service and take an active involvement in their successful delivery as required.
• Contribute to on-going process improvement activities, and other projects arising.
• Keep abreast of Deloitte policy and process developments and ensure knowledge management systems are updated to reflect this.
• Support the HR Services Advisory Manager in the delivery of consistent HR Services to the Deloitte firm.
• Deputise and support other HR Services teams during periods of management absence.
• Leadership of the Advisory team providing support to our people, people managers and wider HR function ensuring appropriate call and query management techniques are applied, handing off to the relevant team at the appropriate time, ensuring that responsiveness and performance targets are met.
• Leading a team to deliver excellent service and ensure customers feel a real sense of ownership of their issue.
• Ensure resource levels meet operational requirements and ensure effective utilisation of resource for the Advisory team at all times.
• Understand all processes and key contacts involved with employee processes, policies and services.
• Once created and implemented, continuously review HR online content to ensure that information is up to date and relevant.
• Lead a programme of continuous service improvements.
• Play a coaching role with all team members by providing support as appropriate.
• • Produce and review weekly/monthly management information for discussion with other team leaders in order to identify process improvement issues or learning needs.
• Ensure the completion of the quality assurance process to feed into performance reviews. • Performance management of the team, including check in’s, providing feedback, and dealing with absence management and return to work interviews.
• Provide appropriate coaching and mentoring to team members in line with development plans and seek to upskill and cross-train wherever appropriate.
• Ensure all processes and procedures comply with relevant legislation and audit requirements.
• Build trusted relationships with HR Services peers and colleagues to enable the team to be provided with the relevant information to perform their role effectively.
• Support the Advisory Manager to ensure the smooth delivery of existing and new work that the Advisory team delivers.
• Build trusted relationships with HR and other Deloitte teams as appropriate.
• Liaison with other Shared Services Organisation teams as appropriate.
• Build relationships with third-party suppliers where appropriate.
Escalations & Complaint Resolution
• Manage queries of a highly complex and individual nature through to resolution.
• Deal with escalations and complaints to an exceptional standard and take ownership for developing lessons learnt and making improvements where necessary.
• Alongside the HR Services Leadership team, provide firm wide and overseas disaster management support.
Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time with an opportunity for some home working”.
Your professional experience
• Commercially minded with the ability to interpret business objectives and drivers.
• Able to positively challenge strategic decisions.
• Stakeholder Support
• Has the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
• Ability to support continuous improvement and mitigate risks and issues.
• Able to establish themselves as a trusted business advisor.
• Assumes accountability for services provided and assumes ownership of team decisions despite outcome.
• Proactively looks for opportunities and is able to put forward effective, relevant business solutions.
• Ability to support and motivate through change whilst maintaining a positive environment.
• Can take responsibility for delivery of high quality results.
• Can support strategic priorities in times of conflict.
• HR knowledge and case management experience preferable.
• Previous experience in a service delivery function required.
• Experience of the core Microsoft Office packages is essential and knowledge of SAP or similar HR systems is desirable.
• Some overseas travel required.
• Performance management of the team, including check in’s, providing feedback, and dealing with absence management and return to work interviews.
• Play a coaching role with all team members by providing support as appropriate.
• Acts as a role model and inspires others to reach their potential.
• Encourages a culture of innovation and values the ideas and opinions of others.
• Promotes an open and supportive culture.
Your service line: Internal Client Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal client services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. Covering seven distinct areas; Human Resources, Clients & Markets, Finance & Legal, Shared Services, National Quality & Risk Management, IT Services, and Property & Corporate Services, together we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
• We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
• We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
• We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
• We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
• We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 154910