- Manchester Metropolitan University
- Grade 8 £34,520 - £39,992
- Change Management, Organisational Development
- Job Level
- Contract type
If you’re looking for an opportunity to develop your career in a prestigious University on a large-scale transformation programme with organisation-wide impact, we would love to hear from you.
Manchester Metropolitan is a great modern university, in a great global city, and we share the same drive and spirit to explore, create, invent, re-invent and make the world take notice.
The Student Journey Transformation Programme (SJTP) is a large-scale organisational change initiative to improve the quality of service we provide to students. It will enhance every aspect of our business administrative processes and systems and will provide more efficient, responsive support for the students' journey from initial enquiry to becoming a member of our alumni community.
The Student Journey Transformation Programme is critical to the ambitions of our University. It puts student success at the heart of what we do, enabling us to provide a distinctive, high-quality and personalised service that adds value to every single student who comes here to study with us.
The phased rollout will develop pockets of progressive ways of working along the student journey ‘touchpoints’. In order to deliver the benefits of the programme, and to make it truly transformational, we need to encourage a similarly future focused and enabling culture.
Working across the SJTP Organisational Development & Learning Team & MMU People Development Team the post holder will play a fundamental role working with leaders and teams to enable them to achieve this transformation and develop an effective culture to make the most of the opportunities the programme delivers.
You’ll work closely with both the SJTP Organisational Development & Learning Team and MMU People Development Team ensuring that the best mix of support is provided for each of the areas in the phased rollout and you will be encouraged to develop your own knowledge, capabilities & skills throughout. This is a great opportunity for self-development as part of a focused and supportive team.
- Work closely with leaders and teams to gather diagnostic information to develop plans for appropriate support within required timescales and alongside programme ‘go lives’.
- Work collaboratively with the SJTP OD & Learning team and MMU People Development Team to design and develop a range of interventions to support teams and individuals to adopt and adapt to new ways of working.
- Assist in the coordination of the delivery of MMU People Development interventions to improve core capabilities and organisational performance.
- Develop and publish supporting materials to relevant platforms & deliver train the trainer events to encourage and enable sustainable self-directed learning and peer support.
- Facilitate events and curate community group content where relevant.
- Be responsible for obtaining feedback from stakeholders in order to constantly review and improve the support provided.
We’re looking for an experienced OD Practitioner with extensive experience of working with teams in transition, developing credible business relationships with key stakeholders and coaching and facilitating individuals and teams through the challenges they face. Building strong and constructive relationships will be key to the success of this role. Ideally you will have recent experience of providing business partner services to specific organisational functions, and preferably across a range of different organisations.
You will be passionate about organisational development and learning, experienced in individual and group facilitation & coaching, able to demonstrate where you have established credible relationships with stakeholders at all levels. You will also have a practical examples to show how your working knowledge of change management, employee engagement, workforce planning, performance management & talent management approaches can combine to impact change readiness and team performance.
This role requires a high level of skill across a range of OD & learning methods, an ability to coordinate multiple pieces of work using project management methodology and having a user-friendly, customer-focussed approach with your clients.
We offer 35 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays and Christmas closure. Flexible working arrangements where possible in addition to our pension scheme, childcare vouchers, travel discount and cycle to work plus many more.
Closing Date: 20 August 2018