- DAC Beachcroft
- CSR, Diversity, Occupational Health & Wellbeing, Reward
- Job Level
- Assistant / Administrator /Co-ordinator
- Legal, Professional Services
- Contract type
This is a new role, reporting to the Reward Manager and providing support for three key areas of the Firm's Responsible Business Agenda/People Strategy – Wellbeing, Diversity & Inclusion and Corporate Responsibility.
Wellbeing: Working for the Head of Reward:
• Plan and co-ordinate activities and events to support the Firm's wellbeing plan throughout the year, coinciding with relevant national events such as Mental Health Awareness Week.
• Create and maintain communication plans for wellbeing initiatives using channels such as the firm's intranet, Buzz, social media
• Support the national network of Wellbeing Champions (the Wellbeing Committee) and ensure that ideas and knowledge are shared effectively across the network. Act as the key point of contact for Wellbeing Champions
• Develop a network of contacts (providers and peers in other organisations) to support the identification of new ideas and offerings to support the Wellbeing agenda
• Organise and attend Wellbeing Committee meetings.
D&I: Working with the Talent Partner/ Head of D&I:
• Plan and co-ordinate activities and events to support the firm's Diversity & Inclusion agenda e.g. Social Mobility Foundation events, Aspiring Solicitors sessions
• Act as a point of contact for third party collaborators supporting the D&I agenda (e.g. Aspiring solicitors) to help identify DACB ambassadors, put together biographies etc
• Provide administrative support for the roll out of D&I initiatives e.g. Unconscious Bias training
• Research and connect with external networks which might support the firm's D&I agenda
• Provide support for submissions for awards and kitemarks to enhance the Firm's Diversity & Inclusion profile e.g. Social Mobility Index, Working Families benchmark.
Responsible Business: Working with the Head of Responsible Business:
• Liaise with location charity committees to help develop strategic ongoing community activities, e.g. school programmes, homelessness volunteering programmes.
• Develop other bespoke community programmes in individual offices, e.g. Roll on Monday homelessness work experience placement.
• Roll out environment practices through development of location 'Green Angels' teams and spreading good practice to minimise environmental impact, e.g. introduce reusable coffee mugs instead of single-use cardboard cups, encourage food waste recycling, etc.
• Develop stories about community activities around the network, to be uploaded into developing bids & pitches repository, and to be used in regular firmwide comms on Responsible Business.
In addition, the Co-ordinator will undertake the following on behalf of all 3 areas above:
• Research/benchmarking of best practice in other firms/organisations
• Assist in developing and updating policies and best practice
• Track spend against budgets (Wellbeing, D&I and CR)
• Devise metrics and compile data to measure inputs and results on D&I, Wellbeing and Responsible business (e.g. number of hours volunteered, number of staff volunteering, funds raised etc)
• Take and disseminate minutes and actions from committee/steering group meetings
• Prepare presentations
• A commitment to and interest in the area of Responsible Business. Demonstrable experience in one or more of the areas above is required
• A high level of written and spoken English together with creative flair and the ability to compile persuasive and attractive communication pieces
• Good IT skills including experience of using PowerPoint, Excel and familiarity with social media platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn in particular)
• Self-starter with the ability to work on own initiative and progress tasks with minimum supervision
• Excellent interpersonal skills – able to influence and build relationships at all levels
• Able to work under pressure, progressing multiple projects simultaneously and managing conflicting demands
• Flexibility with regard to travel within the UK.
About the firm
With over 2,300 people, DAC Beachcroft combines one of the most comprehensive UK legal networks with coverage across Europe, Latin America, North America and Asia-Pacific. We provide a full service claims, transactional, commercial, risk and advisory capability. We work with clients in a select range of industry sectors and are market leaders in health, insurance and real estate. We are agile, progressive and easy to engage with.
We are committed to supporting the communities where we operate through charitable giving, pro bono work and programmes such as those operated by Business in the Community and The Prince's Trust.
In Legal 500 UK, 2017, the firm received top tier ranking for 29 of its practice areas and 60 practice areas in the top two tiers. In addition, Chambers UK, 2017, awarded 99 rankings to our partners and professionals as leading lawyers and 57 rankings in 30 separate practice areas, 36 of these rankings being in Band 1 and 2.
DAC Beachcroft holds certification under ISO9001, the quality assurance standard and ISO27001, the information security standard.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.