HR International Mobility Advisor
The International Mobility team is an Internal Client Service function that is responsible for the management and co-ordination of all assignment activities for the UK and which also works closely with the Swiss Mobility team.
The Advisor would be part of a team, currently of 12 people based in Milton Keynes, reporting to the Head of International Mobility.
To work with the key stakeholders to translate the global mobility framework into practical application, supporting the delivery of our strategic goals and mobility initiatives, whilst also supporting the sponsoring partners in their objectives.
• To act as the main point of contact for the assignee during the assignment life cycle;
• To collaborate with our mobility contacts in other member firms;
• To prepare assignment budgets/extensions for approval by UK/overseas firm, obtain agreement to the structure of the assignment including cost sharing between the UK and overseas practice.
• To prepare assignment agreements/extensions and, if required, project worker documentation on behalf of the firm in partnership with our Shared Services Team
• To work with the chosen tax advisors to advise the business on UK tax/tax equalisation and social security compliance and how assignment should be structured to minimise risk and reduce cost for the Firm.
• To support other team members: advising and assisting with day to day responsibilities and supporting development appropriately, covering workloads during absences, holidays, etc.
• Supporting the inbound assignee through the entry clearance process in partnership with the appointed Immigration providers;
• Adhoc administration relating to onboarding the assignee including (but not limited to):
o Liaising with the temporary accommodation team
o SAP actions in liaison with the Onboarding team
o Payroll actions – to include setting up shadow payroll and advising on modified payroll
o Collating compliance forms
• Building relationships with the service team who are initiating the assignment, the sponsoring partner and Mobility professionals in other Member Firms is essential to making the role a success.
• Strong working relationships are also required with the Deloitte Internal Tax team in Milton Keynes and the Deloitte GES Immigration Team in London.
• In addition to working with Senior Members of Deloitte staff, and Senior HR professionals there will be a close working relationship with the Head of International Mobility and regular contact with the HR Director for Mobility.
• The role is predominantly internally focused. External relationships will occur in the course of business but will be on an ‘as needs’ basis.
• Contact with other member firms is often needed. The ability and motivation to establish a network of contacts with similar roles and priorities is important.
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Milton Keynes, Full Time FTC, Agile working available
Your professional experience
The individual who is successful in this role will:
• understand the overall mobility agenda for the firm
• bring that awareness into the role, the agenda and the relationships that are established
• be credible and impactful when dealing with the firm’s most senior people
• It is strongly recommended that any applicant has a minimum of 2 years work experience within the field of mobility case management.
In addition they will have:
• a proven experience of working within the field of international mobility either client facing or in house
• A reasonable awareness of expatriate tax, social security and immigration compliance
• Experience of dealing with the logistical issues that affect secondments
• Excellent and confident communication and interpersonal skills; able to deal with senior partners effectively and establish rapport with people at all levels
• Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines; prioritising with a flexible approach
• Commercial and pragmatic approach based on sound knowledge and risk-management awareness
• Good working knowledge of SAP and Access preferable but can be taught
Your service line
Internal Client Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal client services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. We impact every area of our business, every day. From solving IT issues quickly and efficiently, to ensuring our people get the best possible training, to guiding colleagues on their tax and pensions. From our centralised hubs in Milton Keynes and Cardiff, we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 154327