HR Business Partner - Manchester
About the role:
Our people are really important; as we continue to deliver the largest modernisation programme in Rail in the North of England we want everyone to feel engaged, motivated by our business plan and know what’s expected of them. Our people need the skills and capabilities required to transform and deliver a modern Rail service for our customers.
As one of our team of HR Business Partners, you will report into the regional director and support the Central Region to achieve their business objectives. You’ll provide a comprehensive HR service to your Regional Team made up of both operational and office based teams.
You’ll lead a small team of two HR Advisors and be responsible for the overall HR Agenda at a regional level from recruitment, development, talent, succession planning and ER. You will provide HR advice and support, you’ll coach, train and support leadership team colleagues in delivering our business plan and organisational culture and change through people.
You will be responsible for:
• Identifying people management requirements and performance issues establishing credibility within the regional teams as an expert in strategic HR
• Ensuring the people strategy aligns with the regional and support function business agenda
• Working with the People Experience Team to minimise the risk of any employment tribunals and mitigating risk to the business by ensuring any cases that do arise are robust
• Delivering the corporate health and wellbeing strategy at a regional level, ensuring interventions aligned and fit for purpose
• Contributing to the learning and development strategy and supporting the regional & support function teams to deliver this
• Delivering effective Reward and Recognition ensuring people celebrate success and feel recognised within the organisation
• Leading the implementation of all regional learning and development requirements
• Leading the regional and support function ER agenda in line with corporate strategy
About you and your experience:
• An ability to translate business objectives into people plans, executing the delivery of those plans to achieve results
• Experience of working at a strategic level in delivering people solutions across the whole employee lifecycle to diverse customer groups within a complex unionised environment
• Experience of working collaboratively in a matrix structure with senior HR colleagues to execute strategic people plans
• Strong communicator, able to influence at a senior level to build credibility and deliver results
• Experience of working in a Senior HR role dealing with complex Trade Unions, leading the local employee relations agenda with your team
• CIPD qualified, demonstrable evidence of continuing professional development
Closing date: 20th July 2018
Benefits and Rewards:
We have a great benefits package that includes:
• Free Travel on Northern services – for you and your family.*
• 75% discount on all other Train Operating Companies leisure services.*
• Pension Scheme (where we pay one and a half times the amount you contribute!)
• A generous holiday entitlement.
• Maternity and Paternity Benefits – above the statutory minimum.
• Full uniform.
• High Street store discounts.
• Gym membership discounts.
• Employee Assistance Programme – operating 24/7, supporting you and your well-being at work
• And many more!
Our selection Process:
Our selection processes are designed to make joining Northern as smooth as possible, it not only provides us with the information we need to decide whether you’re the right person to deliver a great service to our customers, but also to make sure we’re also the right fit for you.
Your online application:
The first thing you need to do is complete our online application form. Upload your CV and tell us a little bit more about yourself. Once we have all your details we will be back in touch to let you know what to expect.