The global Diversity & Inclusion team consists of 5 people: 4 regional heads (Australia; Canada; Europe, Middle East and Asia (EMEA); USA) and a Diversity & Inclusion Advisor (EMEA).
The role holder will report into the EMEA Head of Diversity & Inclusion, support them in leading the Practice’s Diversity & Inclusion agenda across EMEA and need to be capable of working effectively at both the strategic and operational levels. Key sponsors of the role are the members of the EMEA Diversity & Inclusion Committee.
The role holder will also support the Global Director of People & Development, the EMEA Director of HR, the EMEA Diversity & Inclusion Committee, the wider HR team and the Business Development team to develop and implement the Diversity & Inclusion strategy and initiatives for Norton Rose Fulbright.
The role holder will lead a number of key ongoing diversity & inclusion initiatives including leading PRIME work experience programmes and supporting employee networks. In particular the role will include but is not limited to the following:
- Lead on a number of key ongoing diversity & inclusion initiatives relating to recruitment including leading and developing all school level work experience programmes and initiatives and managing the alumni programme
- Coordinate all London based networks, providing support to all co-chairs. This includes developing network strategies to align with business strategy, measuring network impact, managing network budgets, marketing and providing logistical support with network led events and initiatives.
- Coordinate internal and external communications. This includes: coordinating the internal blog, completing awards submissions and benchmarks, writing copy for printed and online media including flyers, brochures and posters, plasma messages, news items, invitations and newsletters
- Research and contribute to papers presented to the diversity & inclusion committee
- Responsible for working with EMEA offices to launch bespoke HR pages according to a consistent framework and acting as intranet super user for Europe, Middle East & Asia
- Develop and update the diversity & inclusion pages on external website
- Participate in external events and forums and sharing knowledge internally
- Support the bids team with requests for diversity input
- Produce regular D&I metrics
Skills and Experience Required
- Good working knowledge of, and experience of diversity and inclusion in professional services, financial services, legal services, corporate or blue chip environment
- Ability to present to stakeholders at all levels confidently
- Ability to think strategically and creatively about opportunities and projects
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Networks effectively in the organisation and externally
- Proactive, enthusiastic and self-directed approach
- Highly organised and able to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Good understanding of broader HR issues and legislation
- Demonstrates cultural and political sensitivity
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Good IT skills including Excel
At Norton Rose Fulbright we welcome receiving direct candidate applications via our careers page.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE – we will not accept speculative CV’s, or any associated terms, sent to the business unless otherwise requested.