An exciting opportunity for a Junior HRBP based in Reading
Your new role
Purpose - Looking at short, medium and long term people issues by being a trusted, integral partner and support to the Operations team. Reviewing and analysing the risks, being innovative and providing flexible solutions as well as being confident in challenging the Operations team. Be able to think 'outside of the box' and manage each case appropriately with a commercial approach. Duties
- Understand the Safeguarding and DBS administration and general people administration managed by the People Advisor
- Advise Operations teams on all performance management issues including disciplinaries, grievances, appeals, and other employee welfare issues, pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits
- Support with handling investigations, disciplinary meetings and grievances, when required ensuring commercial interests are weighed up against policy and legislation.
- Assist the Operations teams with restructures and redundancies and harmonisation to terms and conditions
- Assist the Operations teams in the mobilisation and demobilisation of contracts with the People Advisors
- Review absence data information on a minimum of a monthly basis and support the Operations team in managing absence both short and long term, referring relevant cases to the company occupational health doctor
- Ensure performance management administration is completed and followed up by People Advisor in line with company procedures and provided in a timely manner
- Support the Operations team with performance development plans for Managers
- Plan and deliver people and safeguarding training as required
- Attend Operations meetings and report on people activity on a monthly basis
- Understand the Health and Safety challenges and metrics and raise awareness in your day to day duties
- Coach and up skill management teams around best practice as well as junior team members
- Contribute and assist in the compilation of the annual People Plan and ensure delivery within area of business
- Update Case Log on a regular basis
- Ensuring appropriate security for all people related data, with strict observance of departmental confidentiality and data protection
- Continuously self develop and actively seek further development through the Head of People
- Be a proactive team member and assist in times of change/pressure with additional duties or ad hoc projects as such may be required
- To carry out any other reasonable task requested and take an active part in meetings, training and promotions of the company
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.