Reporting into the Graduate Recruitment Manager, this role provides an excellent opportunity to work closely with key stakeholders in the practice and externally to develop its new marketing strategy and establish the Norton Rose Fulbright brand at our target universities.
This position will play a key role within the Graduate Recruitment team and will focus primarily on developing and delivering our marketing strategy, as well as assisting with pre-selection and assessment of candidates for the firm’s open days, vacation schemes and training contract vacancies. The team targets 20 UK universities each year, recruiting approximately 40 graduates and 45 vacation students.
We are looking for an individual who already has graduate recruitment experience at Advisor level. They will be used to working collaboratively within a team, enjoy taking responsibility for executing projects, and have well established relationships at some UK universities. The successful candidate should also have experience of working effectively with senior stakeholders. Above all, they will be ambitious, creative and motivated to join a team which is still evolving.
The Graduate Recruitment team comprises one manager and three advisors. The team has successfully established Norton Rose Fulbright in the graduate market and needs to continue to build upon this to ensure that the practice attracts top talent for its programmes. The team works closely with the Trainee Development, Experienced Hire and Diversity & Inclusion teams, specifically on the on-boarding of future trainees, building effective digital marketing campaigns, and recruiting a diverse graduate population for the business. The team also has regular contact with the Graduate Recruitment Partners and Head of Recruitment.
All members of the Graduate Recruitment team are involved in a range of projects and different areas of Graduate Recruitment. These include:
- Pre-selection and screening of applications
- Running assessment days – includes assessing group exercises, testing, written exercises and managing wash ups
- Post-offer process to meet annual recruitment targets for vacation schemes and training contracts
- Developing and delivering our marketing strategy for target universities (includes liaising with Careers Service and Faculty contacts, negotiating sponsorship agreements with student societies, regularly visiting the university throughout the academic year to raise the firm’s profile and delivering skills workshops. Includes evening work, travel within the UK and Ireland and occasional overnight stays)
- Developing content for social media campaigns and out website
- Delivering skills workshops (on campus and internal) and attending Milkround events (includes attending law / careers fairs and hosting drinks receptions/dinners)
- Running and organisation of our vacation programmes
- Running diversity events to support the firm’s Diversity & Inclusion policy with our internal networks, university societies and our diversity suppliers (including SEO, Bright, Black Solicitors Network, Pathways to Law, PRIME)
- Running additional work experience programmes
- Assisting Graduate Recruitment Manager with ad hoc projects
- Answering enquiries from fee earners and applicants via the telephone or graduate recruitment inbox
Skills and experience required
The Graduate Recruitment team environment is busy, friendly and supportive, and we are looking for someone who wants to build on their previous experience.
- Will have previous graduate recruitment experience at an Advisor level in a professional services firm
- Well established, close relationships with some of our target universities
- Experience of working within a small team and able to deal with people at all levels
- Highly organised and able to prioritise, and delegate work as appropriate
- Strong attention to detail
- Confident and articulate, strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Able to prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Positive, proactive and enthusiastic attitude
- Personally credible and able to gain confidence of internal and external clients quickly
- Commercial/understands the business
- Excellent networker
- Flexibility and a flexible approach to working hours
- Law student and/or experience of working in law firm highly desirable
At Norton Rose Fulbright we welcome receiving direct candidate applications via our careers page.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE – we will not accept speculative CV’s, or any associated terms, sent to the business unless otherwise requested.