Senior HR Business Partner (Organisational Design and Change Lead)
- Competition and Markets Authority
- £61,327 to £69,584 plus benefits
- Change Management, HR Business Partner, Organisational Development
- Job Level
- Business Partner
- Contract type
The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) is one of the world's top competition and consumer agencies. With markets changing fast and the UK leaving the EU we are currently undergoing rapid business growth, presenting unique challenges requiring significant organisational design and change.
This role offers an exciting opportunity for a proven HR Business Partner, who can not only set the agenda but also has the presence, skill and know how to translate it and deliver, someone who thrives in accomplishing real change. We are looking for a HR and OD professional who is passionate about developing modern, business focused solutions, and who is not afraid to challenge and try something new. You will be at the heart of creating and delivering a strategic agenda that provides the best solutions for the CMA.
Reporting to the HR Director your role will have two primary functions:
You will partner with senior leaders to build the capacity, capability and commitment of the CMA’s people through a team of HR Business Partners, enabling the CMA to be a high performing organisation. You will coach and constructively challenge senior leaders, promoting best practice.
Organisational Design and Change
You will be the CMA's expert lead for organisational design and change. This will include:
- Leading the CMA’s growth programme in Scotland and other devolved nations and UK regions;
- Leading the HR elements of the organisation's move to Canary Wharf by being an active member of the project team and partnering the Director of Property Transformation;
- Leading the HR department’s EU exit operational readiness programme and ensuring delivery, in partnership with the Head of Recruitment, of the CMA’s target operating model;
- Leading a team to deliver the CMA’s strategic management information function.
The successful candidate will be Chartered MCIPD (or equivalent) or working towards and will have a proven track record delivering a HR Business Partner service at managerial level within a fast paced, professional services and/or public sector organisation. You will have the know how to design, develop and roll out organisational design and change management programmes, taking a curious and analytical approach to overcoming barriers to change. You will understand how cultures are created, how they evolve over time, how to intervene to shape them and how to use your energy, sense of humour and personal resilience to ensure stakeholders own and drive change.
The CMA offers a generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year that increases to 30 days after 5 years’ service. In addition, the CMA offers generous policies for maternity and paternity leave, parental leave and special leave in the event of domestic emergencies.
To find out more about this opportunity and working for the CMA please click the apply button.
Closing date for completed application: 29 July 2018.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome suitably qualified applicants from all backgrounds.