HR Officer - Part time
- Ashley Kate HR
- Hitchin, Hertfordshire
- Up to £30000.00 per annum
- HR Officer
- Job Level
- Adviser / Executive / Officer
- Pharma / Scientific
- Contract type
Proactive part time HR Officer required for a commercially focused SME organisation based near Hitchin in Hertfordshire. This is a permanent position and ideally part time hours will be 5 mornings a week however this is flexible.
To support the HR Manager to provide consistent HR support to the business, ensuring that policies and procedures are followed and kept up to date.
- To co-ordinate, assist and monitor all recruitment activities at all sites, to assist managers to develop Role Descriptions, be the first point of contact for both candidates and agencies, looking after both internal & external recruitment channels, organising interviews and making job offers.
- To coordinate the on boarding process, taking up references, arranging start dates and collating all associated paperwork including eligibility to work.
- To provide initial induction training to each new starter.
- To coordinate the booking of training and development activities to meet the needs of the business and employees' continuing professional development.
- To oversee the use and maintenance of the Company pool car / Company van
- To arrange hire car and liaise with hire car provider
- To manage the leaver / retirement process and all associated paperwork and tasks.
- To support management in the discharge of their staff management responsibilities across all sites
- To assist the HR Manager to ensure that the Group is compliant with all employment legislation, keeping up to date with changes in employment legislation and best practice, advising the Group on appropriate and legal options for resolution of HR issues, developing, proposing and implementing Group HR policies.
- To perform all other tasks deemed necessary by the HR Manager and Head of Finance and Administration
This is a hands on busy role and so if you are looking for a part time position in a fantastic company then get in touch.
This role's salary will be between £25,000 - £30,000 full time equivalent.
Start date - ASAP
Skills & Experience:
- Hold a professional HR qualification, ideally CIPD and will be able to demonstrate consolidated HR work experience supporting a business
- Experience of recruitment & selection is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills are required
- Computer literacy in common office applications
- Be organised and able to prioritise own workload around a range of deadlines from different sources.
The ideal candidate will be hands on and looking to gain a valued HR/Office Coordinator role. If you are looking for longevity in a company and a sound and honest HR position this could be the ideal role for you.
If you are interested in this role, please apply or contact Ashley Kate for further details.
Ashley Kate specialises in the recruitment of HR and Finance professionals nationwide for temporary, contract and permanent roles. We give equal priority to our candidate and client relationships and ensure we deliver a highly professional consultancy service at all times.
Ashley Kate operates as a Recruitment Agency for the provision of permanent candidates and as a Recruitment Business for the provision of temporary candidates.