- Andover, Hampshire
- £28000.00 - £32000 per annum
- Employee Relations
- Job Level
- Adviser / Executive / Officer
- Private Sector
- Contract type
Your new company
Our client is a commercial organisation based in Andover, Hampshire
Your new role
An HR specialist, working within the HR team in the provision of a professional HR service with the highest possible standards of compliance, advice and support. To business partner with key managers and supervisors, assisting and supporting them in the people management of their departments. Manage, assist and support in the delivery and implementation of organisational changes and HR developments across the business in line with the company and department strategy. Coach and develop appropriate levels of HR knowledge within the business.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing HR assistance and support at all levels, in regard to HR and employment legislative matters, including sickness absence, performance management, disciplinary, grievance, recruitment and employee welfare. Ensuring compliance with Company Policies and Procedures, fairness and consistency in all employment matters, and equitable treatment of all employees.
- Business partner with key department manager and supervisors, developing and maintaining to ensure effective communication links and positive relations with all employees.
- Liaising with Managers in regard to current staffing requirements and agency labour
- Provide support to the HR Business Partner with the development and introduction across the business of organisational changes; business initiatives and HR policies and procedures
- Processing the hours and details for payroll implementation. Liaising with external payroll providers on a weekly and monthly basis as appropriate
- Assisting all departments and participating in internal and external audits and visits as required. Operating on an audit ready basis at all times - to include conducting agency labour provider audits supported by the auditing team
- Ensuring HR operating procedures are ethically compliant to customer standards, codes of practice and legislation.
- Ensuring all financial and budgetary requirements are met. Processing and reconciling of invoices and purchase orders onto accounting system.
- Ensuring all administration tasks in relation to Employee Benefits are completed and accurate including new policy member and leavers. Liaising with staff and external providers as required on effective communications.
- Work and liaise with representatives and recognised Trade Union across the business.
- In conjunction with facilities management, ensure all employee facilities are fit for purpose including on site accommodation facilities.
- Liaising with company occupational health services in regard to medical reporting requirements and employee sickness management and welfare.
- Ensuring HR files and data systems are accurate and updated. HR files are compliant and up to date including pre-employment checks and right to work compliance.
- Ensuring all staff are recruited, and onboarded correctly and effectively into the company and in accordance with business, ethical initiatives and practices and compliance requirements. Ensuring all staff are aware and adhere to company rules and procedure. Liaising with key stakeholders to ensure this process remains relevant and compliant.
- Attending management and relevant meetings as an HR representative as required.
- Working with the People Development Manager in the preparation and delivery of effective staff learning and development across the business.
What you'll need to succeed
- Working knowledge of HR practices/ methodologies / employment legislation.
- Experience in providing HR advice and guidance.
- IT/Database experience (e.g. Word/excel and HRIS)
- Working knowledge of HR/ Organisational Change developments and industry best practice.
What you'll get in return
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Group personal pension scheme
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Subsidised canteen
- Free parking
- Life assurance
- Bonus (company and performance related).
- 40 hours per week, over 5 days to include one weekend day per month
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.