Assessment and Development Manager
- Page Group
- Up to £54000 per annum
- Learning & Development
- Job Level
- Private Sector
- Contract type
As the Assessment and Development Manager you will have overall responsibility for the results of the assessment and development centre.
The Government Commercial Organisation is being created as a newly formed business unit of the Cabinet Office, specifically to address the need for a strong commercial profession in government with high professional standards. This, combined with skilled and supported people, is essential to address the commercial capability challenges across government. The GCO will become a trusted and respected provider of consistently high quality, professional commercial specialists, who will be deployed to departments.
On the Assessment or Development Centre Day:
- Lead the ADC days to observe participants during exercises, capture assessor scores and summary statements.
- Ensure participants with identified needs for adjustments have the agreed adjustments in place
- Ensure assessors are following the guidance, applying the rating scales correctly and ensuring objective assessment.
- Manage the effective running of the moderation meeting at the end of each ADC day, leading the discussion on each participant, listening to, and potentially challenging, assessors scores and commentary to support accurate results and output reports
After the Assessment or Development Centre Day:
- Ensure that the reports are an accurate reflection of performance and are of high quality.
- Engage with participant's line managers to discuss the ADC report
- Engage with recruitment team to deliver feedback on areas to probe in selection interviews (where relevant)
- Deliver feedback (face to face where required) ensuring a quality detailed feedback is available to participants
- Record and monitor metrics around feedback i.e. tracking number of days for reports to be issued and feedback to be given.
- Undertake detailed analysis of results to enable conclusions to be drawn about the commercial population being assessed, as well as the assessors and materials identifying key trends and themes and making recommendations for improvement.
- Contribute to the training and development of assessors, providing classroom training, guidance and feedback
- Working with Talent teams to ensure the most appropriate development plans are put in place.
- Working with the GCO Talent team to ensure the learning and development offer is accurate, appropriate and available
It is expected that Development Centre days will run for at least 4 days every week. On any one day there will be between 4 and 6 participants, meaning that at maximum capacity there may be 30 participants in any week.
It is expected that reports will be produced, checked and issued within 5 days of a participant attending an Assessment or Development Centre and telephone or face-to-face feedback received within a further week.
The Centre will primarily be based in London but may occasionally be at centres throughout the country and the team will be expected to travel to those locations as and when required.
- Experience identifying and implementing interventions to address skills gaps
- Knowledge of assessment methodology
- Experience in delivering feedback (face to face) from assessment and development centres
- Detailed knowledge of Learning & Development best practice
- Good attention to detail in both team environments and in written reports and communication.
- Experience working with senior stakeholders, both as part of a team of peers and confidant yet sympathetic when holding challenging conversations.
£54,000 plus benefits