12 Month Maternity Leave Cover
My client is an exciting start up urgently seeking an experienced HR Manager to join their team on a 12 month maternity cover. This role will have 4 direct reports and will require national travel.
Key Role Responsibilities
* Support the business with organisational restructures and changes
* Work with key stakeholders to plan and manage all aspects of TUPE transfers
* Monitors employee relations cases (including disciplinaries, grievances and absence management) and partners with managers to effectively manage
* Review and design HR policies and procedures; including the training and briefing of team members and managers.
* Coordinate tasks related to HR activities, including benefits enrolment, team member performance reviews, bonus and salary reviews. This includes briefing and communication, contributing information and tracking compliance.
* Reports on any aspects of HR activity as required e.g. absenteeism, employee relations case management, recruitment and retention.
* Leads and participates in projects to support the creation of an HR systems infrastructure which will increase the efficiency of HR administrative processes as well as other HR related projects.
* Prepares documents, letters and other communications as required related to the HR policies, procedures and processes.
* Manages any employment-related legal challenges and requests in close liaison with the HR Director and any appointed legal advisor, maintaining any required records.
* Work in collaboration with the recruitment business partner to ensure recruitment activity is attracting the right level of candidates.
* Works with managers to make recommendations for and participate in the creation of communications and activities that will enhance employee engagement levels,
* Coaches and mentors less experienced members of the HR team and others across the business as appropriate.
Knowledge & Qualifications
* Graduate calibre with wide experience in an HR generalist role developing and applying HR policies and processes.
* CIPD qualification
* Excellent knowledge and practical skills in applying UK employment law principles.
Experience & Skills
* Able to demonstrate solid practical experience of performing successfully in an HR management role.
* Significant previous experience in managing change, including mergers and acquisitions and TUPE transfers. Essential
* Experienced in managing complex employee relations cases.
* Demonstrates a passion for customer service and a flexible approach to working supportively with others in the achievement of the overall Company goals
* Demonstrates strong commercial awareness.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with impact and influence.
* Proficiency in Excel, Word and Powerpoint along with database management.
* Proficient in managing multiple projects and priorities and detail orientation in order to produce and manage accurate and complete files, documents and sensitive data. Essential