Stand alone HR Manager
- Page Group
- North East London, London
- £40000 - £45000 per annum
- HR Manager
- Job Level
- Construction / Property
- Contract type
The successful person will engage with our people and understand the issues, challenges and opportunities in the UK, and will have experience of international HR perspectives as well. . We are looking for a bright, pragmatic, commercially minded Stand-alone HR Manager who will engage, understand and enjoy working in dynamic and growth orientated environment..
A fast growing SME in the construction industry based in north East London.
- Provide generalist HR and Operational administrative support and ensure effective implementation and co-ordination of the companies policies, procedures and processes.
- Keeping up to date with any changes to UK law.
- Managing recruitment practices including preparation of employee contract, recruitment packs.
- Administration duties required (e.g. dealing with insurances companies, legal matters)
- Conduct the induction process for all new employees.
- Maintaining the company wide Contacts program with new starters, leavers and changes of position.
- Conduct exit interviews with departing assistants or support staff.
- Manage employee probation reviews, annual salary reviews and review pay guidelines with the Management team.
- Manage the administration of company benefits for all London employees, including private medical and dental insurance, interest free annual travel loan and childcare vouchers, in terms of renewal. Research into any new benefits which could be provided.
- Inputting all employee holiday requests.
- Monitoring team morale and discipline issues, responding to problems if and when they occur and highlighting them to senior management.
- Point of contact for all assistants and support staff. Listen and respond accordingly to any issues which arise.
- Manage and conduct any disciplinary, grievance or termination meetings with the support of the Management team.
- Previous experience within a similar HR & Administration Manager role which included HR duties.
- Experience working in small/medium size organisation
- University degree or equivalent. Ideally CIPD level 5 - 7
- Knowledge and understanding of UK employment law.
- Previous experience within a similar sector is preferable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent time management skills, with ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Highly motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Diligent with excellent attention to detail.
- Able to encourage and motivate staff, particularly at assistant and support level. Maintaining a positive environment for colleagues.
- Strong IT skills - experience of the Microsoft package.
- Able to ensure confidentiality is maintained on a daily basis throughout the office.
- Due to the environment being fast paced and high energy, a hardworking, professional and flexible team player attitude is required.
£40,000 - £45,000 plus benefits