- Page Group
- £50000 - £60000 per annum
- Employee Relations
- Job Level
- Business Partner
- Construction / Property
- Contract type
As ER Manager you will provide sound, pragmatic Employee Relations (ER) support to the business, working with HR SMT, HR Business Partners and Company Legal Advisor where appropriate.
A fast growing, global Construction business based in Central London.
- Serving as an escalation point for complex issues, the job holder will provide case management on a broad spectrum of ER activities including (but not limited to) grievances, redundancies, disciplinaries and TUPE transfers. This will involve:
- Providing specialist advice and guidance to HR Business Partners and Business Managers
- Conducting independent investigations, acting as the HR representative at hearings, producing or reviewing high quality investigation reports and preparing outcome letters
- Carrying out group and individual consultations
- Supporting with the outcome of organisation design work resulting in for example restructuring, redundancies or TUPE transfers. Managing this process from start to finish and ensuring best practice is applied at all times.
- Coaching and training line managers in dealing with ER issues. Supporting with the upskilling of existing staff on ER queries, policy advice etc.
- Ensuring HR policies and procedures are up to date in line with legislation and making recommendations to the business as to policy changes in line with current cases and relevant outcomes.
- Managing all pre-conciliation work and also the initial preparation and drafting of ET3 documentation.
- Supports and manages the end to end process for high level/sensitive terminations/exits, including drafting settlement agreements, liaising with external lawyers etc.
- An active member of the Policy Working Group and subject matter expert
- Responsible for the production of ER management information
- Supports the Head of People Services and ER Team on any other project work as and when required
- Ability to work with a high volume of ER issues
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Able to identify and quantify risks and advise the business accordingly
- Ability to challenge senior stakeholders where necessary
- The resilience to be able to deal with often challenging or sensitive situations
- Experience of managing formal internal disputes (from investigation stage; to hearing stage; to outcome)
- Strong and up to date knowledge of Employment Law and TUPE regulations
- Knowledge of organisational design theories and models
- Excellent writing skills to ensure robust investigation reports, outcome letters, business cases etc.
- Knowledge of pre conciliation processes and experience of drafting ET3's
- Strong experience of drafting and negotiating settlement agreements, in relation to high level/sensitive exits
- Relevant Human Resource degree
- Working towards or full membership of CIPD
£50,000 - £60,000 plus benefits.