You are a leader, not a follower and you’re looking to join a progressive professional services organisation that puts Talent at the top of its agenda. Many organisations say that people are their most important asset but Deloitte’s renowned Human Capital practice publishing highly regarded thought leadership research and award winning talent policies, means we walk the talk. As an accomplished HR Business Partner, you stand out as being a creative thinker with strong commercial acumen, capability to juggle competing priorities and the confidence to deliver to a client base with high expectations. If this rings true, then a role in our HR Team could be for you!
Consulting is one of the most exciting areas to work in Deloitte, with an ambitious strategy to become a £1b business by 2020, a Digital Transformation agenda and an enviable blue chip client base across Public, Private and Financial Sectors. The Consulting business comprises more than 4000 professionals which continues to grow to meet client demand. There are 4 competency areas; Human Capital, Strategy and Operations, Product Enablement Services and Technology. This role will be aligned to the Technology business and is seen as a key member of the business leadership team as well as the HR Team.
You’ll have the opportunity to drive change, and need to be comfortable with ambiguity; this is not a role for someone who likes “steady state”. Working with the business to develop a people strategy, you’ll identify and deliver solutions for our Talent Agenda that will optimise both employee and business performance. In fact, we’ll rely on you to be a thought-leader in all aspects of your role, bringing sound judgement and fresh ideas to the table across a variety of HR projects within the business.
• Building trusted advisor relationships with senior leaders in the business
• Providing strategic and day to day HR leadership to drive the delivery of the business’ talent plan
• Using extensive skills, knowledge and business acumen to make an impact in key areas such as change management, organisational design, employee engagement and strategic workforce planning, talent analytics and management, ensuring fairness and consistency runs throughout
• Securing and building a strong, diverse talent pipeline
• Sharing knowledge and insights with the wider HR community to help shape best practise and ensure business goals are in line with firm-wide strategy
• Nurturing, coaching and mentoring team members and the wider HR community
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: London, full time with some opportunities to work from home
Your professional experience
• Experience at senior manager level and have a proven track record in core HR competencies and exposure to the associated risks
• Delivery focused and able to demonstrate a highly client centric service
• Experience of working in a highly commercial environment ideally within Tech
• Understand operating in a COE model and how to leverage those relationships to deliver large scale projects
• Able to interpret data and use this to spot trends and make considered decisions quickly
• Comfortable in a fast-paced and complex matrix environment and relish working in a change environment
• Adept at communicating, influencing, coaching, educating, challenging and managing senior stakeholders
• CIPD qualified (or equivalent) with evidence of further education being beneficial and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Project Management tools
Your service line
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients’ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Internal Client Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal client services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. We impact every area of our business, every day. From solving IT issues quickly and efficiently, to ensuring our people get the best possible training, to guiding colleagues on their tax and pensions. From our centralised hubs in Milton Keynes and Cardiff, we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Familiesand to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
• We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
• We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
• We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximize results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
• We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
• We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 152747