Defence, Security and Justice, Human Capital, People Team, Consultant to Senior Consultant
- HR Consultant
- Job Level
- Public Sector, Defence / Military, Professional Services
- Contract type
What impact will you make? The Opportunity
Our Human Capital Public Sector practice has a strong and growing presence in the Defence, Security and Home Affairs (DSHA) Sectors. Our strong relationships, and the depth and breadth of our skills, means we have been at the heart of some of the biggest and most ambitious change programmes undertaken in this sector.
We work with senior leadership teams to deliver value through people, by redesigning organisations, building capability, developing effective leadership teams and embedding behavioural change. We support our clients through the entire cycle of organisational transformation, starting with initial diagnosis right through to successful implementation.
We foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking; diverse insights and we strive to offer an exceptional level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
If you believe that joining this team will give you opportunities you’re unlikely to find elsewhere, are highly skilled in your field, and willing to travel within the UK we are very keen to hear from you.
Our People team is seeking candidates with experience of helping organisations improve the way they undertake organisational change and HR transformation. Specifically we are looking candidates with strong knowledge of one or more of the following; transformational business change (helping clients to achieve their change goals), organisational design and talent (helping clients drive value through their organisation by redesigning and redefining their capabilities and structure), talent management and HR transformation (improvement, redesign or transformation of HR policies and procedure).
London & Regions
In the context of our DSHA sector, our Human Capital team work across the following disciplines: people and behaviour change, organisation design and development, organisation leadership, and talent.
- Transformational business change: helping clients achieve their goals by putting people at the heart of their change programme, understanding the cultural shift that the organisation is seeking, and ensuring the strategic elements of operational changes and leadership are successfully achieved through effective, timely interventions.
- Organisation design and development: providing expertise to help clients to drive value through their organisation by redesigning and redefining their capabilities, operating model, organisational structure, roles and responsibilities. Establishing the organisation change capabilities needed to successfully effect and sustain large-scale, complex organisation change.
- Organisation leadership: shaping, developing, and delivering initiatives to identify and develop high potential individuals in to successful leaders; profiling the capabilities and potential of the senior leadership cadre; measuring and reporting the results.
- Capability development and talent: Working with clients to shape, develop and implement workforce planning initiatives to attract, recruit and retain talent.
- HR Transformation: increasing the capability of the HR function to impact business performance. We transform HR functions, creating and enabling more strategic roles and improving efficiency and effectiveness through improved tools, policy and operations.
To qualify for the role you must have an:
- Understanding of issues faced in one or more of the DSJ sectors
- Experience of organisational design, change and/or HR transformation
- Willingness to work across different industries
- Experience of working on high-profile and complex engagements
- Current or past government Security Clearance
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of managing stakeholder relationships
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to think creatively to solve client issues
Some of our projects require the highest level of security clearance so we would welcome applications from individuals with current Developed Vetting clearance, but this is not a pre-requisite for applying.
You are here: Consulting
Three core competency areas make up our Consulting service line:
- Strategy & Operations (including Monitor Deloitte)
- Human Capital
We exist to solve complex problems
Our consultants are renowned for their straightforward approach to solving some of the world’s largest and most complex challenges across the Public and Private Sectors. With a UK team of over 3,000, each of us is energised by the challenge a seemingly inscrutable problem presents. Our distinctiveness lies in our refusal to accept a problem at face value - we draw on the depth of our shared insight to ask the right questions, and it’s these questions that uncover answers - answers with impact.
We are committed to collaboration
Our role is to unlock potential for growth and innovation. We believe this requires real collaboration – with our own networks and with our clients. It’s why we commit to truly getting under the skin of our client’s needs, developing a full appreciation for their environment, goals and ambitions. We’re also unafraid to challenge. In so doing, we build long-term and trusted affinities.
We create long-term, sustainable impact
We often work hand-in-hand with our clients to help find the right solution and to help apply that solution. Our aim is to leave behind ambassadors who are equipped to continue the progress and transformation we began. For us, success is about embedding sustainable change, allowing the impact of our insight to be felt for a long time to come.
We offer a number of different career pathways
We offer three different career pathways at Deloitte, meaning that there are three different routes by which people can progress in Consulting. We provide variety regarding the career options available to you, assisting you to take career steps that fit your skills, talents and aspirations, and providing an environment where those choices can be discussed in meaningful and constructive career conversations.
The Consulting Career Paths are:
- Consulting pathway – pathway based around developing a broad consulting skillset alongside building expertise in a specific domain
- Consulting Solutions pathway – pathway where there is greater focus on building skills and deep expertise in a specific domain. Practitioners have a narrow focus, determined by their SME and type of contribution made
- Consulting Services pathway – pathway for people whose career is built around the delivery of managed services to clients (either internal or external)
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte?
In this role you will work with clients to streamline processes, improve efficiency and drive performance, giving clients a competitive edge and building Deloitte’s Defence, Security and Justice capability.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families.
How to apply
Please click on the apply now button above.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 134798