- Provide, lead and develop a credible, professional and respected HR Team.
- Actively participate and influence the strategic direction of the organisation.
About Our Client
Merseyside Police serves a population of around 1.5 million people, covering an area of 647 square kilometres. We currently employ over 6,000 people in a variety of roles including police officers, Police Community Support Officers, Police support staff, Special Police Officers and Volunteers. This is a busy and challenging police area but one that consistently rates as one of the best in the country.
At Merseyside Police, we believe in putting our communities first in everything we do. We are proud to deliver an excellent policing service and we will continue to work with our communities to tackle the issues that concern them most.
- As head of profession, provide advice to Chief Officers and Senior Leaders on the full range of HR/L&D issues and national/Policing sector developments and ensure that the Force is best positioned in delivering first class people services to its workforce.
- Through diversity, inclusion and in line with Merseyside Police values creates and supports a workforce that reflects and is engaged collectively in the communities it serves.
- Develop capacity and capabilities of a people function, taking into account the organisation's challenges, direction and purpose and drive an integrated approach to service delivery.
- Influence and engage Chief Officers and stakeholders in order that the People function is valued, understood and respected within and outside of the organisation
- Represent Merseyside Police regionally and nationally within the wider police service and other agencies, influencing the direction of policing through this involvement and promoting the Merseyside Police vision and values
- Build organisational capability through workforce design and planning, performance development and talent and succession management in order to meet current and future workforce requirements and achieve the strategic aim of a representative workforce.
- Lead and coordinate workforce change arising from change programmes including building future leadership capability which reflects Merseyside's vision and values.
- Ensure that the People Directorate contributes positively to Force change and development opportunities, either through support to others or by contributing in the continuing development of the function.
The Successful Applicant
- Must be FCIPD qualified and hold a degree level in further education.
- Evidence of continuing professional and personal development and awareness of latest developments, thinking and best practice in the field of people management.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Leading and developing a HR function through transformation in a fast moving environment.
- Establishing and successfully delivering an organisation wide People strategy.
- Supporting, coaching and influencing senior executives and leaders.
- Experience of successful leadership of significant business transformation projects in a complex environment.
- Able to demonstrate a track record of successfully operating at executive level, effective decision making and influencing senior stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Identifying and implementing initiatives, to improve current and future performance of the organisation and the HR/people related function to deliver significant organisational benefit.
- Ability to effectively communicate vision and strategy to all levels of the organisation.
- Experience of delivery of challenging and innovative solutions and building a customer-focussed ethos.
What's on Offer
Base salary up to £100k
- 43 annual leave days which include 8 bank holidays.
- Access to local government pension scheme (includes death in service benefits)
Ref Code: MPTC13925184Z