Flexible Working Consultant
- The Timewise Foundation
- London with UK wide travel
- £45-50K FTE d.o.e.
- HR Consultant, HR Generalist
- Job Level
- Contract type
- Permanent, Contract
The Timewise Foundation is looking for an experienced consultant and project manager, with an HR / OD consultancy background, on a full time or part time basis.
Timewise is dedicated to providing flexible working and job design solutions that work for both employers and employees. Operating on a social consultancy model, we aim to increase understanding of how to create more quality flexible work in the UK.
You will be working primarily on our specific ‘pioneer’ programmes run through our newly formed innovation unit which take a sector-based approach to flexible job design, working with leading employers and sector trade bodies in areas as diverse as retail, wholesale, nursing, teaching, hospitality and the law to tackle challenging operational barriers to creating quality flexible work. We are also developing other innovation projects in related areas such as flexibility for older workers, part-time apprenticeships and flexible hiring. As a social consultancy, funding is mixed, from civic society organisations and trusts, trade bodies and employers themselves. Much of the work we do is practical action research.
The consultant will report to Dr Charlotte Gascoigne, one of the UK’s leading flexible job design experts, but will work closely with the wider consultancy team, and with Timewise’s founders and joint CEOs, Emma Stewart and Karen Mattison.
• To deliver research and innovation projects on flexible job design, on time and to budget, including building and maintaining long-term relationships with employers and sector bodies, and identifying how talent management and operational challenges are related to flexible job design.
• To identify and follow up opportunities to promote Timewise to new sectors, and to develop new research and innovation projects.
• To deliver consultancy and training projects for our commercial clients.
• To work with both the Innovation Unit and consultancy teams to develop Timewise’s intellectual capital, products and services.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Consulting to organisations on organisational development, resourcing or job design, including running complex multi-function research or organisational change programmes, building client relationships and keeping projects on track and to budget
• Running focus groups, stakeholder interviews and client surveys, and writing up results into compelling action plans
• Business and commercial acumen: able to rapidly understand strategic drivers and operational concerns about flexible working, suggest ways of overcoming them, and guide clients towards appropriate action.
• Stakeholder management skills: ability to maintain relationships over time, judging when and how to follow up, credible up to Board level, working with employers, policy-makers and sector trade bodies, especially in private sector, but also in public sector.
• Workshop and facilitation skills: ability to engage participants, convey information convincingly, listen and handle objections
• Writing skills: ability to synthesise masses of data into succinct end-of-project feedback and reports, write compelling emails, proposals and research designs.
• Presentation skills: confidence, presence and credibility in making presentations up to Board level, and in public conferences, roundtables, seminars and events.
• Desk research: ability to research sectors or topics, identify appropriate drivers for flexibility, and find the best people to contact
• Running training workshops on flexible working practices, understanding of the business case for flexible working, and flexible job design.
• In house experience in an HR / OD / Resourcing role.
• Business development skills, including research, identifying potential clients, making contacts and offering consultancy solutions tailored to client need.
• Literature review skills: ability to find and synthesise practitioner and/or academic research into readable employer-facing reports
• Experience of running quantitative surveys and knowledge of quantitative methods
SALARY AND BENEFITS
• We are open to considering either full time or part time working for this role.
• The salary will be £45-50k FTE, dependent on skills and experience.
• You will be based at our office in Southwark, but there will be some travel to client sites in London and around the UK.
Please apply with your CV and covering letter highlighting how you meet the requirements of the role via the application method below.