Global Mobility Senior Assistant, (Client Projects), 12 months FTC
To start a career in Global Mobility within a key area of importance to the business – the resourcing of projects serving our clients. This is an opportunity to work with experienced team members specializing in the compliance and support of inbound and outbound client projects, as well as building up a network of contacts in our overseas Member Firms. You will learn new skills in the areas of immigration and tax as well as providing a customer service focused approach.
The role is to support the Manager responsible for Client Projects in designing and documenting processes for inbound and outbound Client projects, as well as interfacing with the Project Partners, Project Managers and Project Workers themselves, and relevant internal stakeholders.
Building relationships within the Global Mobility team is essential to making the role a success. Strong working relationships are also required with the Deloitte Internal Tax team, HR Services in Milton Keynes and the Deloitte GES Immigration Team in London.
The role includes:
- To support the overall Client Projects team on any ongoing initiative and area of focus as designated by the Manager for Client Projects i.e. to build and maintain the SharePoint website dedicated to the Client Projects, suggest any improvements to new Delta system currently being developed etc.
- Day to day responsibility for the Client Projects mailbox as part of a shared responsibility with other Senior Assistants on the team
- To understand, maintain and run jointly the Swiss Market allowance process for UK employees on Swiss Projects
- To understand and calculate the National Minimum Wages required for the Project Workers population and assist the advisors in a monthly reconciliation process
- To assist in the practicalities of data maintenance and reporting
- To be involved with verifying SAP information for Certificates of Sponsorship in line with the requirements of the UK Visa and Immigration
- From time to time, to assist with vendor records and invoice management, liaising with the Finance team member dedicated to Global Mobility
- To assist in the preparation of required documentation and where required to ensure the documents are maintained in line with the projects worker’s project details
- To suggest and then develop any potential improvements to the current processes developed the Client Projects Team.
- Build relationships with the Project Manager Community and support in the wider education of the business on the compliance responsibilities and requirements of Project Leads.
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
The role is based with the Global Mobility team in Milton Keynes. Occasional travel to London may be required for meetings. The role is a permanent role available as a 12 month fixed contract or a 12 month secondment from another Deloitte department. We offer flexibility around hours in keeping with the wider team and could also potentially consider part time working if requested. The team currently operate on informal policy of being able to work one day per week from home if they wish
Your professional experience
Whilst no prior mobility knowledge is required for the role, the individual who is successful in this role will:
- understand the overall mobility agenda for the firm
- bring that awareness into the role, the agenda and the relationships that are established
- be credible and impactful when dealing with the firm’s senior people
- demonstrate their initiative and show a “can-do” attitude
- take responsibility for their work and own it through to completion
- demonstrate enthusiasm and engagement in their work
- able to work to deadlines and manage their own workload
- able to prioritise according to urgency and importance of tasks, managing multiple tasks and finishing them within set timeframes
In addition they will have:-
- Excellent and confident communication and interpersonal skills; able to deal with all staff grades effectively and establish rapport with people at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines; prioritising with a flexible approach
- Good working knowledge of SAP preferable
- Good Excel and PowerPoint skills are advantageous
Internal Client Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal client services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. We impact every area of our business, every day. From solving IT issues quickly and efficiently, to ensuring our people get the best possible training, to guiding colleagues on their tax and pensions. From our centralised hubs in Milton Keynes and Cardiff, we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 149312