Head of Reward – TB140618
Our client is one of the UK’s largest service organisations of it’s kind. A growing company, they are an employee of choice and continue to retain their Investors in People Gold Standard. To support their continued success, they are looking to appoint a Head of Reward to work closely with the Head of People and be fundamental in designing and delivering a Reward strategy to cultivate a performance focused culture.
The right hire will have a combination of experience, solid technical ability and excellent communication skills. They will also be an engaging influencer and have the confidence to challenge the ‘status quo’ to create and implement a Reward strategy aligned to the market, Strategic Plan and business objectives.
- Be a lead contributor to the organisation through strategic leadership, mentoring and guidance regarding all aspects of reward. Building strong relationships with peers, senior leaders and stakeholders.
- In collaboration with the Head of People maintain and manage the Remuneration Committee agenda, preparing and submitting papers relating to reward activity.
- Lead on the development and delivery of a pension strategy and approach that is effective and sustainable, in collaboration with Finance.
- Design and manage executive pay - linking pay to corporate performance. Benchmarking and agreeing market positioning and all elements of the reward package.
- Prepare, control and gain approval for annual budgets, ensuring appropriate monitoring of expenditure and compliance with procedures, levels of authority and audit requirements.
- Experience of working at a senior level and able to build relationships with key influencers across the business.
- Experience of managing reward change projects with successful outcomes.
- Self-motivated, passionate, and results focused.
- An individual who can and will challenge, but challenge in a way that engages, while seeking to move the business forward as part of the HR journey.
- Extremely self-sufficient and passionate about fit for purpose operational excellence.
- Someone with high performance expectations, who holds themselves to the same standards as those around them.
- Agile and pragmatic; able to come to the right decision which takes into account a range of viewpoints and considers the available data, but do so in a timely manner.
Salary: £80k plus benefits